Chapter 10

Otanyi

His lips had a sweet taste. If I had to place it, I'd say honey.

Warmed honey.

And there was a pulsation that went along with his lips being pressed softly against mine. I could even feel his warm breath along the rim of my top lip. He sighed deeply, and the humming noise he emitted turned into what could only be described as a growl.

It stunned me, and I tried to step back away from him, and that was when I felt his fingers encircling my waist as he began to squeeze.

My top was a jacket where the hem of it just reached the top of my pants, so any separation and his fingers would be touching my bare skin. The thought was both exciting and made me tense.

I gasped, and his lips opened as his tongue slipped inside of my mouth.

This was a whole other type of experience, and I had never been kissed like this before.

Admittedly, I didn't have much to compare it to, but was your head supposed to feel like there were clouds in it? And was it supposed to be this difficult to catch my breath?

He was everywhere inside of my mouth, exploring and teasing me. There was no mistaking that he was taking the lead, but when I pressed my tongue up against his, it seemed only to spur him into being more aggressive.

I could barely string two thoughts together as my entire body surrendered to him. I felt myself melting against his chest. Our lips stayed connected as I put one hand on his shoulder and the other against the area just below his throat. It was less of me trying to push him away than it was attempting to keep myself from sliding down to the floor. It was wild, but it was almost like I could feel the elasticity increasing in my bones. I'd be a puddled mess in a minute.

And he had no mercy.

His mouth was consuming my short moans and even quicker cries. His fingers around my waist kept pressing into me harder as he squeezed me as one would a bottle that you were trying to get more out of.

But what more could I give?

He let out a breath over my soaked lips and drew back to stare into my eyes. I don't know what he saw there, but it caused him to pull back immediately.

"Oh my God. Tani, I'm, I...oh man," he kept repeating broken words repeatedly as his hand flew to his mouth and then the side of his face.

I knew my actions were mirroring his own, but unlike him, I wasn't having a moment of reckoning about it because I was still in my state of complete shock. The recognition of what had happened between us would no doubt hit me much later.

Now, I was surprised, a bit afraid, and embarrassed, quite frankly.

I had no idea whether those were the proper reactions to something like this happening to me, but I was sure that I needed to get away someplace to be by myself to process it further.

So, turning, I practically ran over Stephanie, one of the other senior editors at Solaris, as I twisted around her awkwardly to rush out of his office door.

"Tani, Ta..." I could hear him calling after me, but I wasn't about to stop. I'll apologize to Stephanie later.

Forgoing the elevator bank, I hit the staircase entrance and breezed down several flights before acknowledging that I couldn't just run down all thirty-six floors.

I had no idea what floor I would end up on, but given that my key card worked to unlock the stairwell door, I reasoned that it must have been the thirty-second floor where printing and some of the other administrative staff were typically housed.