Chapter 20

Tiger

I contemplated whether I could bring her back to her room without waking her. But ultimately, I didn't want to let her go. Having her here, wrapped up in my arms and feeling the way her body molded so perfectly next to mine was on another level.

We'd spoken often while I was away traveling during the away game portion of our season. Things were so different than they were in the UK, but one thing I could appreciate the most was the fact that the playing schedule took into consideration the balance between work and home more. So, I'd be away for two to three weeks at a time, but then I could be back in town and playing home games for the same stretch of time. It meant that I could spend more time at the facility with my Ona and more time with her.

Otanyi was sleeping peacefully in my arms. The back of her head rested against my upper chest. I loved the way her eyelashes fluttered in rhythm with her eyelids. She must be dreaming. I squeezed her a little tighter, and a soft moan escaped her lips.

I loved hearing that sound. I loved hearing any sound from her, really, especially when I was doing something to bring her pleasure.

I'd pushed her a little further than we'd gotten in the past because I thought our relationship could handle it at this point. Moving slowly was something entirely new to me. Usually, I'd be on to the next one before I'd even slept with a woman more than twice. Or at least thinking of who the next woman would be.

So the fact that I'd only gotten to second or third base with Otanyi meant something special. I didn't want to spoil whatever was going on between the two of us, and in truth, I was hoping that she'd be a little more expressive about what she wanted to happen between us as well.

Never in my life did I have to chase a woman before, but that's precisely what I had to do with Otanyi.

And gifting flowers to a woman wasn't my style either. Shopping sprees and designer handbags as parting gifts were the most appreciated among the wannabe WAGs I'd been exposed to. The women I was used to being surrounded by wanted everything that this lifestyle could afford them, and they weren't shy about demanding it.

But Otanyi had been different from the very start. She had her own place, a career she was trying to get established in, and never once had she asked me to make an introduction or spend a dime in support of helping her move up in life. She just liked spending time with me.

Or at least, I thought she did.

Of course, she did, dummy. Didn't you see how spectacularly she'd come for you earlier?

But it wasn't just sexual. We'd talk for hours about absolutely nothing sometimes. She'd become a favorite person of my Ona, who liked almost everyone but seemed to be developing a very soft spot for Otanyi.

I was again contemplating moving her when she began to stir beneath me.

"Mmmm..." she moaned into the cutest laugh. "Don't tell me you've been there staring at me the whole time. There's a name for that, you know," she couldn't keep her laughter in anymore, and I was taking it all in.

"Would you be alright if I did turn into your stalker?"

She looked at me as if her eyes were only now beginning to understand me for the first time truly. "I know you're joking," she said, trying to pull herself into an upright position.

"What if I'm not?"

"Stop that; it isn't funny," she said, her face taking on a more serious look.

"I'm just kidding, of course. I can't stop looking at you. You're gorgeous and I want to remember each and every thing about you," I answered.