Chapter 34

Otanyi

"What the hell is going on?" I didn't even have a moment to get over my shock at seeing Tiger in such a compromising position with Alexis.

Clearly, he'd completely forgotten about the scene I'd just walked in on because the speed at which he moved to pull me away from Emile was almost reflexive. I found myself with my back against a wall with a very pissed-off Tiger standing before me.

"Tiger," I started to raise my voice but was silenced just as quickly when I felt him place a lone finger against my lips as he shushed me.

If my eyes could've jumped out of my head, they would've at that moment. And I could feel the 'cussing out' spirit creeping up the back of my neck until there was literally no way I wasn't going to start yelling.

"But Ti..." my eyes immediately shot toward a smug-faced Alexis leaning against the wall opposite us. Her voice was so disgustingly whiny.

As soon as Tiger lifted his hand and motioned dismissively in her direction, that look morphed into a pout within milliseconds, it seemed.

"Leave. Now," I only recognized the voice as Tiger's since his face was so close to mine, and he'd barked the words out loudly over his shoulder because other than that brief acknowledgment of Alexis, it was like neither of us remembered that we weren't by ourselves.

I'd returned my fierce gaze to Tiger's face, and to my surprise, he matched my energy in every way.

Is this guy alright? He's not going to back down?

Alexis' high heels clacking against the cold stone floors as she stormed out were unmistakable.

"Otanyi, are you gonna be alright?" Emile said the words with enough force for them to have weight, but I could tell from how his voice wavered some that there was some trepidation in challenging Tiger's edict.

But before I could answer him directly, Tiger spun around and took a step backward so that I was thoroughly pinned between his body and the wall.

"What the fuck did you just ask her?"

And to his credit, Emile didn't back down one bit as he took a step toward the both of us.

I was able to put both hands against Tiger's back, and after the second effort to push him slightly forward and away from me, he did slightly move aside so that I could address Emile.

"It's alright, Emile," but I noticed that Emile still hadn't moved. Tiger took another step forward, and I caught his arm before he could take another. "Tiger, don't," I said with more emotion in my voice than I'd intended.

Tiger didn't miss it either. He turned on me with a look that demonstrated that he'd clearly found some additional anger, and this time, he didn't hesitate to put my hand down from his arm before he started after Emile again.

I only had a sister, and our physical fights could be counted on one hand, so seeing two grown men starting to wrestle as Emile held off against Tiger's efforts to remove him from the room physically wasn't a deterrent to my interjection.

"Guys, what the fuck. Stop!" I yelled as I pulled on one of their designer coat sleeves. I couldn't even tell who I was touching at this point.

I'd only find out later on that Alexis had done at least one good deed by alerting some of the other players that something was going on in the storage room, so before I could look around twice, there were stronger arms than mine pulling the two men apart.

Amongst the twisting of limbs and muscled torsos pushing against each other, there were some loud grunts coming from either one or all of them before I found myself falling on my backside, hard.