chapter 24

Iqra's POV

I was about to get ready for my baraat but then I got a mail. I opened it and was jumped in surprise. It was interview mail for the job of the English professor which was due today in Karachi. I can't leave this opportunity this is the whole reason I wasted 4 years of my my life for a degree in English literature so I could get a job in my dream university. Well now it's happening, but will mom dad let me go today. Wait are you crazy Iqra how the hell will they cancel everything for you today they would never. Should I tell Kabir, no he'll not understand me. I think I know what I should do. I'll run away.

Author's POV

Iqra's mother came into Iqra's room and found all her jewelery and lehenga lying on the bed with a note.

I am sorry mama baba but this job and interview was really important for me and my career. I am really thankful to you guys for bringing me up for this much years but I knew you would never let me go on my wedding day so I had to do this. Please apologize to Kabir and his family on my behalf and explain my reason. I know you'll never forgive me but please I am really sorry but this was important
Yours Iqra,

Her mother started shedding tears and due to the slight noise her father came and got to know about the situation. They tried to call her but all in vain. In conclusion they called Kabir's family in the room. They explained them the situation when Kabir's father spoke,
"What do you mean she ran away because of a job. Did she think we will not let her do it"
"What will we do know, all the media is outside and we can't cancel the wedding, it will harm our reputation." His uncle explained.
"Listen we didn't even knew this would happen, we are really sorry" Her father apologized.
"ENOUGH! I asked your daughter if she wants to marry me not once, not twice but thrice, and her answer would always be the same. Yes, a freaking yes." Kabir roared.
"My reputation is really important to me and I want you to figure out the mess she has created and on top of that, I'll never let her achieve her dreams because she betrayed me. She betrayed The Kabir Husnain Ali, she'll will pay for it" Kabir growled.
"I have an idea, what if we marry Izza to Kabir instead of Iqra." His uncle elaborated.
"But what about the cards distributed to the relatives & business partners" His father asked.
"There's nothing to do we have to tell them" His uncle declared.
"Do you agree with this Mr Arsalan?" His father asked.
"Yes, I am the reason of this mess and I'll resolve it" Her father answered.
"How can you decide without asking Izza" Her mother announced.
"She'll do it as this is all because of her sister and no more discussions just call Izza and Imad" He declared.

Izza entered the room and saw all the mess and was devastated my the news she heard.
"You have to marry Kabir, go get ready" Her father spoke.
"Baba why would I do that, I've my own dreams and passions. You can't decide what I will do" She replied.
"Excuse me Ms Izza, this is all because of that stupid job of your sister, and if you want your dear sister to live her life peacefully just wrap this all up and don't you dare destroy all my reputation, understood" Kabir growled.
"It's di's mistake, why do I've to pay for it" Izza claimed.
"It'll not take a second for me to destroy your family and all the business, so you need to cooperate" Kabir announced.

She thought about this for five minutes and then answered,
"I will marry him"
"Izzu are you out of your mind" Imad declared.
"Imad don't interfare mom dad already have done alot for me, perhaps I am doing it for di" Izza responded.
"I'll go and get ready" she announced.
"Izzu I am sorry bacha--" her mother exclaimed.
"Mama please." she replied.

"Kabir why are you destroying that childs life" His father questioned.
"Mama my reputation is really important for me" He answered.
"More than that girl's freedom" She inquired.
"Mama I already have trusted alot and know because of this I've freaking trust issues so please let it happen what's happening" He explained.