9. Kirstie's birthday

9. Kirstie's birthday

For Kirstie's birthday tomorrow, the boys got together to plan a surprise for Kirsite. "Any ideas?" Kevin asked. All three boys started to think until Matt came up with a fantastic idea. "What about we bake a cake or cookies?" he suggested.

"That's great, we can bake those and decorate them for tomorrow's party with the others," Scott said.

"I can make some cake balls, and you guys can make the cake and some cookies," Mitch said.

"I'll make the cookies," Matt said, raising his hand.

"Great. Scotty and I will bake the cake," Kevin said, putting his arm around Scott's shoulder.

"Let's go shopping then. I will go to my house to make the cake balls, Matt you go to your house and Kevin, you can go to Scott's house. We need more than one oven," Mitch said. All four boys then went to the grocery store to get all the ingredients they needed to prepare everything for Kirstie and surprise her with them, all while she was spending time with her family.

Matt was at his house baking the cookies with his mother and sister's help because he had never done it before and didn't want to mess up the surprise for his girlfriend. "We should use the cookie cutters," Matt said and started to use the different cutters he bought. The three of them had made over 20 cookies, all of different shapes and sizes. "They smell so good," he said looking at the cookies with a hungry look on his face.

Meanwhile, Mitch was working on the cake balls by himself because he wanted to work with no distractions, even though he was listening to some music and dancing around the kitchen. "How is it going?" Mike asked his son who smiled at him.

"It's going great. I haven't done these in a while so I was kinda nervous, but they will turn out good," he said licking his finger which had some chocolate on it.

"Need help?" Mike asked, happy to see his son doing something that he hadn't done in a while.

"Not really, I'm fine," Mitch nodded, and Mike left the kitchen. Mitch ended up baking 20 cake balls, all of them had sprinkles of different colors on them.

Scott and Kevin were working hard on doing a cake for Kirstie, well Kevin was, Scott was just watching Kevin work and passing him the ingredients. "You're not helping very much," Kevin said to Scott who was sitting down on a chair in the kitchen, eating a banana. "I'm reading the recipe and passing out the ingredients," Scott said and Kevin rolled his eyes.

"I told you that I can't cook," Scott said.

"Can't or don't want to?" Kevin asked.

"Can't."

"At least pass me the butter," Kevin said and Scott nodded. Scott stood up from the chair way too quickly, which caused him to feel dizzy and sway on his feet. Luckily, Kevin noticed and stabilized him quickly, "You ok?" he asked Scott.

"I-I'm fine, I just...," Scott trailed off. "You need to sit down," Kevin sat Scott back down on the chair and gave him a glass of water. Scott sat there feeling dizzy still that he didn't notice Kevin left the kitchen and came back with his father. "You ok, son?" Rick asked, putting his hand on Scott's forehead. "You don't have a fever."

"I'm fine, I just stood up too fast," Scott answered kind of annoyed.

"I should take-" Rick started, taking out his phone.

"No! Dad, remember. No hospitals," Scott reminded his father. "I promise I'm fine," Scott said and Rick nodded, leaving the kitchen to let the boys keep working on that cake. "Let's keep working then," Kevin said and Scott nodded. Both boys kept working on the cake which turned out pretty with a pink frosting and a failed attempt from Scott of writing Happy Birthday Kirstie, but they decided to leave it there, hoping she would find it funny.

The next day, everyone was in Matt's backyard waiting for Kirsite to arrive. Leigh, Sarah, Ben, Mark, and Beau were invited to the party as well. It was nicely decorated with different balloons and other stuff that represented Kirsite and what she liked.

"Surprise!" Everyone said when Kirstie arrived at the party. She was extremely happy and hugged everyone as a gratitude gesture.

"These cake balls are so good," Kirstie said after trying the first cake ball. "I did them. All 4 of us baked something. We know how much you love to bake so we decided to surprise you," Mitch admitted and Kirstie hugged him tightly. "Thank you," she said.

"The cookies look so cute," Kirstie said and then tried one. "Oh, my God! These are delicious," She said. "I did them for you, princess," Matt admitted, and Kirstie immediately brought him down for a kiss. "I love you," she said looking at Matt's eyes. "I love you more," he answered.

When it was time for the cake, Kirstie was ready to see what Kevin and Scott had made for her, but when she saw Scott's handwriting on it, she stared at it for a second, making both boys nervous until she started laughing. "Scotty, was it you?" she asked giggling. "Yeah," he answered nervously. "It's so cute," she said and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, boys, for everything. It was the best birthday party ever," Kirstie said after everyone had left. "We'd do anything for you, Kitty," Mitch said. "We love you," Kevin affirmed.