2. School's Fun

2.School's Fun

It's Scott's first day of Junior year, and he feels excited and nervous. He is excited about returning to school but nervous about what the other kids say about him. He barely has any hair and is still pretty skinny for someone his height. He decided to Facetime his boyfriend, who is a fashion expert, to help him with the perfect first-day outfit.

"I need your help," Scott said to the screen on his phone as soon as Mitch answered.

"Well, hello to you too, Scotty," Mitch sassed, and Scott rolled his eyes.

"I don't know what to wear for my first day of school," Scott complained.

"Alright, calm down. What do you want to wear?"

"Something comfortable, but also kinda baggy to hide my skinny body and a hat to cover my short hair until it grows," Scott said a little too quickly. He showed Mitch the different options he had put out from his closet and Mitch was able to come down with a nice outfit for him.

"Alright, I got it. Wear the white tee, the pink sweater over it, the military green cargo pants, some white casual shoes, and your green hat. That should do it!" Mitch said and Scott nodded, thanking his boyfriend and hanging up afterward.

After breakfast, both of Scott's parents drove him to school, "Are you ready, baby?" Connie asked. "I guess," Scott shrugged nervously.

"It's okay to be scared, but you're gonna have fun. Give it a few days until you get used to it, and if you don't like it then you don't have to keep coming. God, you don't even have to do school anymore," Rick said. Scott said goodbye to his parents and exited the car, relieved to see his friends waiting for him. "Hey guys!" he greeted them happily, kissing Mitch and holding his hand while entering the school building.

"Are you excited?" Kirstie asked.

"Excited and nervous. Do you think they will make me take away my hat?" Scott asked.

"If your parents explained your situation to the principal, then she should have already told all your teachers. If not, we will help you. For now, you need to go to the principal's office to retrieve your schedule," Matt said, and Scott and Mitch went to the principal's office. She gave Scott a nice welcome and asked Mitch to show him around the school.

Scott's first class was Math and when the teacher started the class and saw he had a new student in his class, he asked Scott to introduce himself. Scott was a little nervous but was able to present himself without any problems thanks to Kevin's reassuring smile.

"Well. I'm Scott, and I'm 17 and I'm a Junior," he said briefly.

"Tell us something else, like...which school do you come from?" The teacher, Mr. Smith, tried to get Scott to talk a bit more.

"I was actually homeschooled," Scott explained and then sat down.

That's how pretty much all of his classes were, he had to introduce himself in front of the whole class, even though he pretty much knew the other students didn't care. It wasn't until lunchtime that things got a little more interesting. All the gang was sitting down at a lunch table when some girls approached and started asking Scott questions. "Hey pretty boy a red-haired girl said flirtily, making Scott uncomfortable. "Where are you from?" she asked, touching his arms and chest.

"Homeschool," Scott said simply. Mitch saw how uncomfortable he and the others were, so he talked to the girls to leave them alone.

"Would you leave my boyfriend and my friends alone, please?" he said sassily, and the girls scoffed and left. "Thanks, babe," Scott said and kissed Mitch's cheek.

For the last period, Scott and Kirstie had Physics, Kirstie warned Scott about the strict teacher and how she gets mad very quickly. Kirstie was right, she didn't care about Scott being a new kid, but she did notice Scott's hat.

"Young man," she started calling Scott's attention. "Hats are not allowed in my class," she said strictly, making Scott nervous.

"I, uh...I-I n-need my hat," he said nervously, looking at Kirstie for help.

"Uh, Mrs. Riley? My friend, Scott, needs the hat," she said, and Mrs. Riley raised her eyebrows. "Why? It's disrespectful to wear hats indoors" she asked angrily.

"I-I, uh, I have...health issues and need the hat. I...have c-cancer," Scott stuttered, whispering, and Mrs. Riley just nodded and continued with her class, leaving the two friends confused.

At night, the Hoyings and the gang were having pizza for dinner, and Lauren, Scott's older sister, asked Scott about his day at school.

"It was...interesting, but I liked it. I wanna keep going to school." With that, Scott marked the first thing off of his bucket list.