7.

The night air in Monaco was alive with the pulsating beats of victory and celebration. Aurelia, having secured her place at the front of the pack for the first time in her racing career, found herself amidst the glamorous afterparty, the laughter and clinking glasses surrounding her like a symphony of triumph.

As she mingled with the jubilant crowd, the glow of the celebration couldn't mask the fatigue etched into her features. The race had been physically and mentally demanding, yet the exhilaration of success pushed her to revel in the festivities. Aurelia's eyes sparkled, but there was a vulnerability beneath the surface, an unease that lingered in the corners of her smile.

In the midst of the revelry, her phone vibrated in her clutch. A text from her mother blinked on the screen, and Aurelia's heart sank. She excused herself, finding a quiet corner to read the message. The words cut through the festive ambiance, delivering news that shattered the night's euphoria — her father had died in a car accident back in Brazil.

The air in her lungs seemed to evaporate, replaced by a heavy emptiness. The world around her blurred as she read and reread the words, struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the loss. In a daze, Aurelia stumbled through the crowd, the cheers of victory now a dissonant melody against the tragedy unfolding within her.

She reached her hotel room, the familiar click of the door shutting behind her echoing louder than the revelry left behind. Alone in the dimly lit room, the weight of grief crashed down on her. Aurelia crumpled onto the bed, clutching her phone like a lifeline as tears spilled uncontrollably.

The sobbing seemed to echo in the stillness, the sounds of the party a distant memory. Each wave of grief felt like an eternity, the weight of loss pressing down on her like an insurmountable force. In the solitude of her sorrow, the room became a sanctuary for unbridled emotions.

The door creaked open, breaking the silence. Ollie, sensing something amiss, entered without a word. His presence was a quiet reassurance in the cacophony of Aurelia's anguish. No words were exchanged; he simply sat beside her, offering a comforting embrace as she let the grief flow.

The night wore on, the sobs eventually subsiding into quiet sniffles. Ollie's steady presence became a refuge, a bridge between the harsh reality of loss and the fragile realm of solace. Together, in the quietude of shared pain, they found a sanctuary within each other's company.

As exhaustion settled over Aurelia like a heavy shroud, Ollie, understanding the unspoken need for closeness, suggested without words that they should rest. The bed, a haven of shared solace, became a place where the jagged edges of grief could soften.

They lay side by side, the night outside the window bearing witness to a chapter that had unfolded in the harshest hues. Sleep eventually claimed them, an ephemeral respite from the storm of emotions that had shaken the foundations of the celebratory night. In that quiet cocoon of vulnerability, Aurelia and Ollie, connected by the fragile threads of grief, found solace in the shared embrace of the night.