Prt 3

Moments Before Damnation
...

The concert had already started, and I was firmly into the midst of the performance of one of my songs, called "Hatefuck."

The crowd was indeed full, and everything in my field of vision looked positively normal. Everyone around me was enjoying themselves, and there appeared to be no indications of anything amiss, but only if I knew...

Blondie stood frozen in her tracks while she attempted to adjust to the intense energy that had filled the air; the crowd was jumping around, bumping into her, and it was clear that she was very overwhelmed by the sudden movement and overwhelming energy. I guess she isn't used to much moshing.

It makes me chuckle mid song because of the funky look on her face.

I was interrupted in my singing performance when my attention was suddenly pulled away by a woman shoving a man, and the man took a bite out of her. This was a very unexpected situation, and it left me in a state of shock and confusion, which had a significant impact on my performance, and I feared that the situation would indeed become significantly more out of control in a matter of moments.

"What the fuck?" I mumble as I stop singing.

"Hey, prick, get your fucking hands off of her!" I call out to the man who seemed to be causing this sudden disruption. I point to the back, towards the tiki bar and call out, "Someone throw this fucking douche-bag out!" I was relieved to see the security guards from the hotel take off running towards the incident, seeming to be intent on quickly resolving the situation.

I again directed the security personnel to escort the woman out back as her wound appears to require medical attention. "Please examine her for me!" I called out, watching as the security guards acknowledge my request with a thumbs up, before proceeding on their way to escort her through the venue and into safety.

"Stop the music for a second guys," I called out to my band, and they quickly obliged, responding to my command and pausing the performance as I turned to address the crowd.

"Sorry you guys had to witness all of that sh*t," I stated, addressing the upset crowd. "Don't be like that dickhead that got escorted out. Shrimpy probably got mad 'cause she rejected him or something," I chuckle and shake my head, attempting to lighten the mood.

I picked up the microphone, taking it off its stand, and held it close to my mouth, prepared to ask the crowd for their feedback. "Everyone else okay? Anyone need anything?" I waited a moment to let someone call out if there was a problem, and when it appeared to be safe, I relaxed a bit, relieved that nobody else had encountered any sort of problem during this chaos.

"Alright, all set. Ready to get this show back on the fucking road?!" I smile widely

"Hell yeah!" The crowd yelled back, making my grin widen with happiness and appreciation. I understood that many of them had originally come to the show for Sam B, just like I would have, but there was a sense of satisfaction and gratitude in knowing that I'd managed to put on such a show that the crowd had treated me and my band so warmly and affectionately in return... well besides that guy earlier-

I turned back to my band and prompted them to begin playing again, indicating that they should continue with their performance as before. The crowd seemed to have recovered from the shock of the moment's interruption, and although there was a bit of a lingering tension in the atmosphere, everything appeared to be running smoothly once more.