Prt 2

Vacay

Once outside behind the stage, I take hold of my guitar case and carry it out in front of the stage, chatting and catching up with my friends/band mates. The vibe is energetic and filled with anticipation, and I can't help but feel a surge of excitement and adrenaline as I prepare myself for tonight's show. This is a big deal for me, there will be the largest crowd we've had and I hope it gets our name out there.

Upon making it around the stage, I freeze in my tracks, surprised to notice that three individuals are already present and standing by the stage.

"Uh... you do realize that the show starts in roughly 30 minutes, right? We just discovered that they delayed it due to riots in the city, so there was no point in rushing." I lay my guitar case down gently next to my mic stand, raising my eyebrows and expressing my surprise and mild confusion as I addressed the three individuals present in front of the stage.

"Yes, I knew that; these individuals aren't just regular folks, and they require additional protection. I'm Carmen, their security guard. Since I anticipated the influx of drunk individuals, I chose to accompany them ahead of the crowd, before the mayhem ensued."

"The drunk individuals are on stage baby." Macy cackles pointing up to the front at me.

"I'm not drunk, Macy, I'm on fucking ecstasy." I shake my head.

"Ohhhh shit." Julius eyes got big.

Steph turns around, noticing her sister standing quietly behind her, I paused and realized what I had just uttered aloud. My mind suddenly cleared of the euphoria clouding my senses as my body quickly slipped back into a state of sobriety. I felt my sister's piercing stare from behind me as she swiftly marched off of the stage in a frustrated and annoyed manner. She was now acutely aware of my recent relapse, and she knew it was all because of Catori's presence. Lovely... another cat fight was imminent--just what I needed tonight.

I let out a deep sigh, taking my fingers and pinching the bridge of my nose as I close my eyes.

My eyes scan the group of early arrivals who have gathered around the stage, standing awkwardly in light of the recent events that had taken place. I notice how uncomfortable and uneasy they were, and I could sense the tension in the air, my gut instinct telling me that I needed to diffused this situation quickly or else it would just grow worse.

"You guys are more than welcome to join us up here and chat while we set everything up, if that's okay." I speak as I looked up at the blonde bimbo of the group as I adjusted my mic stand.

"Sure, uhh, let me go grab Carmen and Xavier." The blonde bimbo girl flashed a smile at me in response to my invitation.

"Sure thing blondie."

I hear a faint chuckle from the blonde girl at the nickname I had just called her.

As the girl walks away to join her Security guard and her brother? I watch the two of them engage in some light conversation before the boy suddenly dashes up to the stage, his expression displaying a look of joy and excitement.

The boy gravitates towards Julius, engaging in a friendly conversation with him. Julius was a dedicated rockstar and one of people's favorites in our band. Julius is my best friend, he has a badass aura about him that's contagious and always a joy to be around, which makes it no surprise that the boy was gravitationally drawn to him so quickly.