Prt 12

Savior Complex

»»————- ————-««

I'd stayed gone for awhile, it was nearly 4am when I strolled back into camp. I didn't really want to come back, wanting to keep away and give Macy time to go to bed and let me slip back in. I came back inside, only to see her passed out on the small sofa near the big window. I was too exhausted and tired from being awake so long that I didn't even take my shoes off or get under the blanket when I got into bed. I just laid down and fell right asleep, without even changing my clothes. I was out like a light.

I laid there, sleeping soundly and without a care, before being unexpectedly awoken.

I suddenly stir from my sleep as the door opens, making me flinch and twisting my head towards the entrance.

"Is Christa okay? she hasn't come out in days. Macy is still bunking with you, you said only a few days. so, what is going on?" Julius marches in, stopping at the edge of the bed and looking down at me with concern.

Oh fuck- that is right, I'm not even mad someone woke me up, because today is the day I have to go see Christa and finally check in on her again.

I raise my head and rub my eyes as I take a deep breath, "I'm giving her time to grieve, Julius, it's gonna be tough. Macy is fine bunking with me-"

Julius huffs a condescending laugh as he cuts me off, "Macy came to me crying last night because she said she's sick of seeing you," he crossed his arms, showing a smug look on his face.

I listened intently to what Julius was saying. Yes, I knew he was just being a protective brother. I mean, who would expect any less. But I KNOWW this guy was not sizing ME up.

I returned the same smug look to Julius as I stood up, inching close to him. I wanted him to know that I was not afraid to stand my ground and that he could not punk me.

"I don't know what you've done to my sister, but fix it," Julius stares at me with contempt.

"Maybe your sister should be the one apologizing to me?"

"What the fuck does that mean?"

"You'll figure it out with time." I throw on my jacket with a hood to keep me covered from the light rain that took place outside.

I leave, I start jogging up to Christa's bungalow, making my way up the steps. The feeling of the raindrops hitting me was relaxing, and I appreciated the moment of peace before I began the conversation with Christa.

Instead of opening the door and seeing the warm soft sun, I was met with a falling star flickering and burning out.

I open the door and my eyes instantly focus on Christa who was sitting on her knees on the floor, a broken piece of glass in her hand. Her sad eyes staring into the void, her tears dripping onto the ground.

Her gaze travels up to me when she hears the door slam shut I, I wanted to protect her from anyone peeking in and seeing her in such a vulnerable state. Her sad eyes meet mine, and I can see the guilt on her face as she stares into me. Blood oozes out of her wrists, and the sight of it was gut-wrenching.