The Shoot

The set was all ready for the arrival of the star.

The flowers were all gathered, the clothes all hanging on the hangers.

Naomi checked her camera for what seemed like the 100th time on that morning, making sure the battery was fully charged and that the SD card had enough storage for the long hours they would be shooting.

One would almost believe she was nervous from how much she was pacing around.

Truthfully, she was.

After years in the industry, it would be easy to believe that she was used to everything and everyone but when it came to him, it just seemed like she lost every single bit of control in her body.

Yuzuru Hanyu, the bane of her existence.

It was ridiculous.

They had worked enough times together for her to develop some sort of immunity.

It had been years since the very first shoot they did together, both of them barely adults.

He wasn't the Figure Skating God and she wasn't the World-renowned photographer.

Now things were very different and as both of them changed, so did the effects he had on her.

Sure enough, the Figure skater had grown up into a handsome man, as her grandmother would say, but she photographed models every single day. What did he have that made him so different?

She couldn't quite place when the change had begun, when she started having these small goosebumps of anticipation before he came into the studio, but Naomi could tell when she noticed the change.

It had been almost exactly one year prior.

Yuzuru had just turned professional and the first shoot they had together after that was unlike any other before.

It just seemed like the man in front of her had done a complete 180 and turned on all of his seduction powers because that session was unlike anything she had experienced before.

In the past, he had always been on the verge of being too awkward, which was obviously understandable given that this was by no means his job. He was just a pretty athlete who brought plenty of money to endorsements and magazines.

In the session of the previous year, he just seemed to be a completely different man.

The awkwardness was all gone and in front of her had been a man who knew how to pose, who knew how to slightly change facial expressions to get the desired effect.

The effect in question seemed to be driving her completely crazy.

Back then, Naomi had been a bit confused as she tried to gather all of her thoughts as she worked but now? Now she had the time to anticipate what it would be like to shoot with him again.

And looking at the clothes in front of her, as well as every scenario that the producers wanted, she was almost afraid to know how it would be this time.

The worst of it all was that when he did arrive, Hanyu looked like the most ordinary of people.

Sure, he was handsome and had a crazy fit body from his sport, but when he was dressed in his regular sports clothes and unstyled hair, the skater looked mostly cute and adorable.

Not at all the sexy force of nature that she saw in the previous year.

"Good afternoon!" he said politely as he greeted every single team member in that room.

There was no denying that all the attention was on him as he gently smiled and bowed politely at everyone. The aura he emitted was truly special. One of a kind, even.