Mr. CEO

Being the most recent hire for a mysterious company was always difficult to explain. The mere fact that no one knew what the field of it was gave enough indication of the mystery surrounding it.

Mao knew one thing, the name and profession of the CEO. The man was known all across Japan for his athletic career and it was definitely difficult to imagine him as anything else but a figure skater.

Still, it had been 6 years since he turned professional and his own brand had ventured beyond what anyone could have expected. From shows all over the world to a whole new brand of entertainment, the shows that the man provided were different enough to raise interest from everyone.

With this in mind, when Mao Kimura applied for the position of assistant in the company, she never expected to be contacted just a few days later. Sure, she had the experience after working in the same position in other companies but it was still, in theory, a field that she had barely any knowledge of.

The interview was done via Zoom with someone whom Mao recognized as the skater's mother and a man who identified himself as a lawyer, the one who conducted the whole interview.

When by the end of it, they asked if she had immediate availability, Mao could only say yes.

So that's exactly how she found out that they wanted her for the job and the true reason why she was waking up bright and early for a meeting in Sendai. Yes, because to the surprise of absolutely no one, Hanyu-san chose his hometown as the base for his business.

Mao got dressed in her favorite professional outfit which consisted of a blazer, white shirt, and a tight pencil skirt that ended just above her knee.

For once, living in Sendai had some perks and she had a feeling that they hired her because of that as well.

The building where the company was located was big, not huge in comparison to those where she worked in Tokyo, not even close, but even so, it was still bigger than she expected for such an unknown company.

Team Sirius.

Whatever they did, Mao was probably about to find out.

Entering the lobby, a receptionist greeted her right away, asking if she needed any help. Truly, it took just a few words until she was given her ID and guided into the elevator.

They went to the very last floor and the woman guided her to a closed door that had 'Hanyu Yuzuru' written in it.

"This is where I leave you, it's best if I'm not here when you come into his office."

"Why?"

"Let's just say that his morning mood is highly dependent on how his skating practice goes and I'm not sure if I want to know."

Mao's eyebrows raised. All of her research about the man had told her he was very nice. She was even looking forward to meeting him.

Maybe the woman was just overreacting or maybe he was a totally different person than what the media portrayed.

Still, Mao had to focus, knocking on the door and waiting patiently.

It took a few moments for her to listen to a low voice telling her to go in.

Taking a deep breath, Mao opened the door, being immediately shocked by the imposing figure sitting on his office chair.

For someone so tiny, she never thought it would be impossible for him to look so imposing, and yet, as he sat there in his overly expensive 3 piece suit.

"Kimura-san?" He asked.

"Yes...huh... that's me."

She suddenly looked like a clueless innocent girl from the mere way he was looking at her.