The Interview 2.0

Asami and Yuzuru got closer after that night at the ice rink.

She was spending way too much time in Sendai after that night's events and it had nothing to do with work.

The truth was that they took way too long to do that interview after.

It was just that every time she tried, he managed to distract her.

That's exactly how they ended up having the filming scheduled without anything discussed.

The morning of the day of recording, Asami had spent the night in his bed, waking up in his arms with the grin of a happy woman.

"Good morning, gorgeous" he muttered against her neck.

"Hey, Zu."

"You look in deep thought."

"Just thinking about later."

"You're nervous about tonight, aren't you?"

"Yes, and it's partly your fault."

"I bet it is fully my fault" he teased her.

"Yes, you're right. It would've been easier if you actually allowed me to run through the questions with you before we recorded the interview."

"Asami, you know me well enough to understand what the limits are. I will just answer truthfully to whatever you ask."

It seemed like everything was too easy for him, too simple, when in reality, her head had already come up with an array of different scenarios that could go bad for him, and in some cases, even for her.

"Why did I even come to Sendai on that night, then?"

"Isn't it obvious that I wanted to see you?" he joked right away, knowing that she was fully aware of the reasons that made him ask for her presence there instead of any other reporter.

"That was definitely not the easiest way to get that done, but you're never one to do things in the most common of ways."

"You've known me for enough time to know that as well.

"Seriously, what if I screw up?"

"It's not live, they can always cut something if I ask them to." 

That certainly reassured her, but Asami still had doubts about her ability to act completely unbothered by him during the interview when they had been spending so much time together in the past weeks.

But maybe it was precisely because she knew the skater so well that she worried so much about the outcome of that night.

As much of a saint as he looked, she knew that he would always try to find some kind of way to tease her. As invisible as it was for those watching, she would probably know and get nervous because of that as well.

Even if he tried to reassure her, Asami knew that this type of behavior just came naturally to him.

(=^ ◡ ^=)

Asami was surprised by Yuzuru's behavior when they finally arrived at the rink that evening.

He just seemed so serious about it all that she almost believed he would behave.

She would soon realize that it was all smoke and mirrors.

They were doing the interview before he got on the ice and that was probably her biggest mistake from the very start.

It was just that he had too much energy to play with her.

Sitting up straight on the chair in front of her, he looked like the epitome of a saint.