Let it go

AN: I'm sorry, but this is my way of coping with the news of his divorce. I just hope he can find a way to be happy despite the media.

It had been a whole year since the worst day of her life.

Divorce was always a word that was completely unfathomable in Ichika's mind. And yet, after just three months of marrying the love of her life, the word hit her like a thousand bricks.

It had merely become unbearable.

They knew what would come with a public announcement of their marriage but no thorough planning could have prepared them for the witch hunt they would soon get.

Ichika met him through the most random of events. In a past so distant that seemed like a dream. She worked at a coffee shop across Ice Rink Sendai for years. A part-time while she dedicated herself to her studies at the Tohoku University, closing the shop at late night on most days.

Everyone knew the golden boy of the town, but she never expected the night when he entered the small place and gave her the brightest smile as he ordered his coffee almost at closing time.

Maybe it had been his immediate apology as he noticed that she had already cleaned everything and was ready to close, but maybe it was just him and that beautiful smile that got her hooked.

Rumor on town was that he was back for good after years of training in Canada and from the hour, he was probably training late too.

That would only be confirmed when his presence became recurrent. So much that she would have his order ready as he stepped into the room.

Hanyu would always greet her with the biggest of smiles, no matter how shitty or tiring his day was being.

One whole year of this, with nothing but exchanged smiles and casual words was all she got, but just seeing that smile made her night a little better.

It was only after such a long time that he struck conversation with her for the first time.

"I've been seeing you every night for one year and I don't even know your name." he said just after she handed him his coffee, making her blush ridiculously.

"It's Ichika, Kobayashi Ichika."

"Hanyu Yuzuru, it's a pleasure to meet you"

She giggled, immediately embarrassed by how this man made her react.

"Everyone knows your name, Hanyu-san."

He asked her all sorts of questions that she had never envisioned him to be interested in. This man was a celebrity and was somewhat curious about this coffee shop worker.

Ichika just answered and answered. They barely realized as time went by as they talked. It was only when he looked at his watch that she realized that the closing hour had been two hours prior and they had been in conversation for way too long.

"I'm sorry." she apologized right away "I'm guessing I stole your practice time."

"No, it's ok... You're the one working overtime because of me."

Yuzuru was charming, that she already knew, but through the months that followed, their conversations became more and more regular.

She had told him about her studies, about her family, about her every thought and he did it as well. They bonded so easily that it scared her at the time.

But it didn't stop their friendship from slowly building.

And when on one of those nights, he invited her to watch him practice, Ichika learned that he was even more unbelievable than she initially thought.