Christmas Encounters

Happy Merry Christmas my dearest readers, here's a quick gift to you all (even if a little late, I wanted to post early but got carried away with the size of this thing. Either way, it's still Christmas in my timezone :P)

Christmas for Yuzuru had always been occupied with competitions.

It wasn't as if it was that traditional for Japanese people to celebrate but when it was such a big date all around the world, he had to admit that it felt nice to finally celebrate a little bit for the first time in years.

Only by the 23rd, he decided he wanted to buy gifts for his family.

Thankfully, unlike in most places around the world, the lack of the usual celebration of the Japanese people meant that the stores weren't as chaotic as expected anywhere else.

He didn't leave Sendai, going around the streets in the late afternoon searching for the perfect thing to gift to each person.

Despite the lack of usual celebrations, there was still a Christmas market going at the city center and it seemed like the perfect place to look.

The lights that filled the streets made him oddly happy, something that had been a rarity in the past month due to his recent divorce.

He should've known that their relationship was nowhere near strong enough to resist the crazy media coverage that he was constantly subjected to but he had been immature enough to think that his first love was the right person to be by his side.

Blinded by his apparent feelings, he completely dismissed all the political ties of his wife, all of the little red flags that he should've investigated a bit further, and all of the influential power that she and her family gathered with their relationship.

He had been fooled, yes, but what hurt the most was how he was betrayed in the end.

Being married for just 3 months felt silly and stupid now. Why did he even think it was a good idea in the first place? Why had he allowed himself to cave to the outside pressure to make it a serious thing?

But now it wasn't the time to dwell on past pains.

Christmas was a time for celebration and if his fans had shown anything in the past days, it was that they would be there no matter how many stupid mistakes he made.

He just wanted this date to be happy, shared with those who had always been by his side no matter what.

All Yuzuru wanted was to show a little bit of appreciation to his parents and sister, who never judged him, no matter how stupid or silly his mistakes were.

His chain of thought was completely broken as a little shop caught his whole attention.

Yuzu couldn't quite explain what it was about it, maybe the sweet way in which it was decorated or the little sweet lights that adorned it.

Whatever it was, he found it interesting enough to get closer to inspect the little things being sold.

Exposed to his eyes, he found all sorts of items carefully placed to be aesthetically pleasing, at least in his eyes.

Most things seemed handmade, crochet, embroidery, little wooden figures.

His curiosity wasn't dismissed by the lady on the counter.

"Hello, if you need any help, let me know." she said right away when he approached the little store with a big, gentle smile.

He had been so distracted by the items that he only looked at her when she spoke.

When he finally did, however, Yuzu was surprised to note the effect that gentle smile had on him.

The girl was just like any other, but maybe it was something about how effortlessly nice she seemed that made his heart beat faster and a smile settled on his face.