TLC- 'Not Again'

A/N: this is set in 'Winter' after Cinder is stabbed.

After the gunshot ran out, the room was very quiet indeed. Kai spared a glance at Levana, finally dead, sprawled of the floor near the thrones. His gaze shifted back to Cinder, where her metal fingers had just been about to graze his jaw when it dropped down, her eyes rolling to the back of her head.

That wasn't what he was looking at, though.

No, his attention was caught on the knife lodged in her chest, blood making its way across her shirt, her face becoming paler and paler by the second.

Tears streamed down his face. He didn't try to call her name again, knowing that she wouldn't respond. He couldn't face the disappointment.

Kai had known that their shared romance on the Rampion couldn't last, him going back to the Commonwealth whilst she stayed to rule Luna, but not this. He had never thought that it would come to this. End like this.

What was he doing? He was watching her die, instead of trying to save her.

He put one arm gently under her head, another under her knees, and picked her up.

Then he ran.

What had Thorne said about Cinder's metal leg weighing a ton? Because now, Kai felt as if everything was as light as a feather.

He ran out of the room, past some confused guards, before shouting, "Levana is dead! Your true queen is dying! Take me to the medical wing! Now!"

A guard stepped out. "I am Sir Kinney. Allow me to take the queen to the medical wing," he said.

"No!" He shouted. "Just show me where to go!"

The guard complied, and soon Cinder was being laid out onto a bed, surrounded by doctors, as pale as marble.

The next few hours were a blur. He remembered sending for a cybernetics doctor from the Commonwealth, though he couldn't remember her name. He also knew that he had told everyone what had happened. Well, not everyone. Cress was in surgery, the same as Thorne. Scarlet was getting checked for a concussion, and Winter was having some mental streak, hitting and bitting the people around her. So he had only told Iko, who had decided to sort rooms for everyone and spread word of the new queen.

Well, if she made the night.

A/N
I know this was really short but I hope you liked it.