Chapter 02

Imperial Court of Yunshan Palace. (01:30 am)

               The Emperor sat expressionlessly on the high Dragon Throne of white jade, his black and golden robe, spread on the floor forth him, distinct against the cold whiteness. His face was deadly pale and freezing and his whole person was exuding a cold imposing aura. One of his strong arms were supporting his head as he swept his freezing gaze across the nevertheless silent Court Hall.

The Court Hall was enormous, with a high dome of golden carvings as a roof, supported by fifty or so titanic white jade pillars carved with beautiful flowers and inscriptions.

The floor was inlaid with smooth white jade tiles. Pure white lace curtains hung down from the tall windows and there were several high lamp posts hung with lanterns lit with spiritual energy.

These lamps were bright. They were lit with the spiritual energy of the Emperor. The flames automatically went off by dawn and reappeared at dusk.

Just a brief glance at this view was enough to wonder over the majesty and prosperity of the Immortal Empire of Xuan Huang that dominated forty two kingdoms and three hundred tribes...

But right now, the air around was tensed within. Mighty lords of power stood either sides in two neat lines, silently. There were nearly thirty of them, each clad in their characteristic colored uniforms according to what positions they held. They were the Officials of the Court.

This was the first time the Court was summoned during midnight sessions. The faces of the officials were pale. It was the assassination of an important Official of the Court and the murderer was yet indistinct.

In the mid of the hall, forth the white jade throne, knelt a slender figure in white, silently. His chest lapels were bright red with blood and his head was hung low. This person was Xiangge.

No one dared to speak for a moment.

There was also a silent figure by the side, just few steps behind Xiangge. From his mint green uniform it was distinct he was from the Department of Medicines. That youth stood politely, also with a lowered head and waited patiently for orders.

The Emperor turned his cold gaze towards him. "Did you investigate the body of Lord Yuxun?"

The youth bowed respectfully, trying not to shudder at the cold and freezing gaze directed at him. "This lowly subject found out few clues about the wound upon the dead body of Yuxun Jun."

"Speak!" The Emperor waved his hand, closing his eyes.

"Reporting to Your Highness, Yuxun Jun's muscles were stiff at the moment he died. So it cannot be a sneak attack that killed him."

The medical student started his lengthy explanation after having had investigated the dead body for an hour. "It means he must have fought with the murderer for at least half an hour. As the former Head of the Imperial Cultivation Academy, Yuxun Jun's cultivation level is definitely high. There are a very few who are capable of doing him a damage to such an extent. As for the sword wound this subject found upon his chest, it must be an extremely powerful sword wielded by a cultivator with dual elements core - most likely a person with a the core of both water and fire, if I say it rightly." The youth ended.

The Court Hall felled into an even unpleasant silence. No one dared to raise their heads. At this moment, they all had some terrifying thought, forced to guess by the current situation.

There were only three people with special cores in Xuan Huang. One person was Xiangge with duel elements core of fire and water.

The second person had a duel elements core of fire and earth. He was the Grand Martial Luo Jianfeng, who, meanwhile, was eating sands at the Northern Border of the Empire.