Chapter 14

WARNING! MAY CONTAIN SENSITIVE CONTENT!
____________________________________

Mingxuan stood for a moment still as stone. Then the jade flute slowly slipped down his trembling fingertips and disappeared into the mists before it hit the ground. His body swayed uncertainly for a moment. Then without warning, he collapsed at once.

Xiangge's eyes widened in horror. "Noh!!!!"
______________________________________________________________

He broke off Rumeng's iron grip and ran to the platform with all his might, tears bursting off his eyes.

Mingxuan's tall body was caught by Xiangge before it hit the stony floor. Xiangge sat on the hard earth, pulling Mingxuan's body onto his lap. The Emperor's pale face was leaned upon Xiangge's chest. Blood tears left his eyes, staining the jade like skin at the sides of his face. Black blood left his nose and mouth. His red eyes were already at the verge of closing.

"Ah'Xiang..." Mingxuan spoke difficultly and in a very low voice. It was like a whisper. Xiangge gulped, his eyes tearing. It was a long time thence he heard this word last from this mouth. Those tears poured down convulsively. He nodded his head furiously crying ignoring the sudden cries of bewilderment from the people below. "Ah'Xiang is here!"

Mingxuan smiled painfully. "Ah'Xiang...is it...too late to say... sorry?"

Xiangge's heart bled.

"Is it...too late for me to...say it was...my fault?"

"Don't speak!" Xiangge shouted crying madly.

But Mingxuan laughed. He was never a person who laughed. But when he did, it looked so painful and miserable. More and more blood gushed out of his mouth in the attempt. He choked in his own blood and coughed. He must have been in so much pain. He raised his shuddering blood stained fingertips in difficulty and wiped way Xiangge's tears gently.

"Big brother was...wrong. Can you...forgive big brother for..."

"Mingxuan, You Shut Up!!!"

Mingxuan's eyes slowly unfocussed. Xiangge's heart was in a terrible mess. He kept injecting spiritual energy to Mingxuan's chest but his body just didn't accept. Xiangge clearly felt it. Mingxuan's core was completely shattered, spiritual veins were torn, internal organs were ripped and his spiritual energy was drained all beyond repair.

His heart beat was slowly dying... He was slowly dying...

Tears flowed down Xiangge's eyes more and more. "Noh!" He whispered furiously, shaking his head. "Mingxuan, you...you can't die! You can't leave me like this! I'll hate you more!"

"Go to... Yuan He! No one will...harm you!"

Xiangge cried crazily. "What are you saying? I...I don't understand..."

Mingxuan's face drew even painful. His eyes were at the verge of closing. He looked at Xiangge sadly. "Ah'Xiang! Don't...don't be stubborn anymore! Big...big brother can't...protect you anymore. Big brother is sorry... He failed to...keep his promise..." He suddenly coughed out a mouthful of black blood, scaring Xiangge to horrifics. He looked at Xiangge again, one last time, painfully. "I... don't deserve to...be your brother. If we have another life... let's not be... brothers anymore..."

Then without further word, Mingxuan's eyes shut and his head felled to the side. Xiangge's eyes widened in horror. He shook him furiously.

There was no reply.

Xiangge checked his pulse.

He did not feel anything.

Xiangge's mind collapsed at once. He bursted out crying and yelled until he spat blood. "MINGXUAN!!! WAKE UP!!!!"