A real feeling and strange friends

She laid awake for a while, listening to his breathing as it slowed to an even steady pace and his heart rate resumed it's normal rhythm. His arm was wrapped around her just under where her wings met her body, he held her as though even in his sleep he was afraid she would leave. She reached across his chest and ran her fingers lightly along his scar where his vibranium arm started.

She smiled to herself, she had never experienced the intensity of the encounter moments ago. She had had many encounters over the years, especially while with Hades, and often more lengthy and varied than this one, but those were always for feeding or completing a task given by the gods. This...what she just experienced...in such a short timeframe compared to other encounters...was something different all together. She just couldn't place it. She eventually drifted into a peaceful sleep.

Despite not having fed during the night, and giving so much energy to remove his nightmare, she woke up feeling more energized than she ever had before. Bucky was still clinging to her, holding her against his side. She looked up to see him still sleeping, a small grin on his face. She wondered what his reaction would be when he woke up, if he would think she charmed him somehow or...did she seduce him without realizing it despite the charm she wore around her neck?

She couldn't quite believe that a mortal would have feelings like that for her...she was just a creature, a monster. She only resembled one of his kind, but she wasn't, she was a lesser daemon. She slowly pulled herself away from his grip, waking him in the process. She stopped partially propped up and stared at him, waiting for him to become angry. But instead she was met by a smile, "Good morning Atlia."

The sound of her name slipping through his lips, so smoothly, so naturally, sent another shiver down her spine, "Good morning Bucky." She responded, his smile grew wider at the mention of his name, she wondered if he felt the same way as she did.

She began to move away again, but found his arm had gripped around her, making her stay, she looked at him, her hand resting on his chest, the other above his shoulder, propping her up. "I should probably check the fireplace." She said quietly, he reached his metal hand up and placed it on hers, holding it against his chest.

"Not yet." He almost whispered, he was quite sure that last night had been a dream but given that neither of them were clothed and she was still beside him, instead of the edge of the bed, told him otherwise. He wasn't ready for the sensations his body felt at the touch of hers, to end. He felt her tail laying over his legs, the end of it twitching ever so slightly, and her body relax a little. "Not yet?" She asked softly, there was a tone to her voice that he just couldn't place, but it sounded unsure or wary of something. He wasn't totally sure.

What he was sure of, was he had fallen hard for this red skinned woman he now held in his arms. He hadn't actually intended for last night to go as it had after he kissed her, but there was something about the energy he felt between them that had urged him on. Something he had never experienced before. He wondered for a brief moment, if the charm around her throat wasn't working. But she seemed so hesitant towards him in the beginning that...no...it wasn't her doing. Over the last few weeks, he had, for a fact, and of his own free will, fallen in love with her. A deep love he had never felt before. He only hoped her feelings were just as intense as his.

Bucky looked up at her, "Yes. Not yet. I have to make sure you are real. And not a dream." Atlia was a little confused at his statement, with her eyebrow raised she inquired, "What do you mean?" Bucky chuckled, "You know, I wanted to tell you how I felt the moment I realized it, at least a week ago, if not more. I had felt something for a while, but when I fully realized it...I never imagined you reciprocated."

Atlia blinked, "Oh." Was all she managed to say. He had had feelings for her for over a week, but never said anything or acted on it, could that mean it was real and not an effect of what she was? Her thoughts were broken by a metal hand touching her face and cupping around her jaw. She gave in and allowed him to guide her face towards his, he gently placed his lips against hers for only a brief moment, then rested his head back against the pillow.