What could go Wrong

Candice’s POV
When I heard those words come out of his mouth I felt so many emotions run through me, at first I was disappointed when he said we were talking about LA but then when he said they broke up all I could feel was happiness. Trying not to smile was probably one of the hardest things I had ever done, but I did it because I wanted to be supportive and not thirsty. C: “what do you mean you kinda sorta broke up” G: “well the short version is that LA’s ex got in an accident and is in a comma, which prompted her to want to be by his side and she said that she needed to focus on his recovery until he wakes up” C: “wow I’m so sorry G do you need anything” G: “ no just needed someone to talk to” C: “well that I can definitely do, you think y’all will get back together” G: “honestly I have no clue but I really don’t want to worry about that right now” C: “then what do you want to worry about because I thought that’s why you called me over here” G: “well that’s not the only reason I called you over here” before I could even think of what to say next I saw Grant leaning towards me and next thing I know he was kissing me and I was kissing him back. What started as just kissing turned into french kissing, which turned into a whole sloppy make-out session until I came to my senses and pulled away. C: “we shouldn’t do this, we can’t do this" I say pushing him back in his chest G: “why not” he says with a confused look on his face C: “because you just kinda sorta broke up with LA and you don’t know if y’all are gonna get back together” G: “who cares, she isn’t here right now and you are, we should just focus on the present and deal with the future later” he said now holding my thigh as he sits next to me. C: “ I care Grant, because I’m still in love with you and I’ve been doing so well with keeping those feelings in, but if we do this and you and LA get back together I don’t think I will be able to bottle those feelings back up again Grant.  I can not, and will not let myself get hurt again”

Grant’s POV
When I heard Candice say she was still in love with me and that she didn’t want to get hurt again my first instinct was to tell her that I love her too and that I promise not to hurt her because I hated the fact that I ever hurt her in the first place, but knowing the situation with LA being so complicated I knew I couldn’t keep that promise. I just wanted her so bad I wanted to kiss and hold her and do everything to her that I couldn’t do to her when I was with LA because I still loved her to, I loved her more than life itself, she was the reason I woke up in the morning she still is. Yes, I love LA, but I’m in love with Candice, and I had to make her understand that without making any promises. G: “I know that the situation with LA is complicated and I can’t promise that we won’t get back together but I do know right her right now that I’m in love with you Candice. I never stopped loving you and if this is the only and last chance I will get to love on you and touch you I’m not gonna lose that opportunity so please for me can we just pretend for a little that LA isn’t in the picture and that we can be together”

Candice’s POV
I hesitate for a minute because I know this won’t end well but knowing he wants me as bad as I want him makes me cave, even if I know we won’t end up together maybe it will be good closure. To close this chapter, maybe help me move on. After a few more seconds of contemplating without saying a word, I kiss him, and I kiss him hard. The next thing I know, he is lifting me up and taking me to the bedroom. What could go wrong.