25.

I missed you Kait, she sobbed.
I missed you too Juuls, and I took her hand, and squeezed it reassuringly.
How is love? I asked after a sip of my coffee.
It's officially with Robbert, and Emma and Anna now live together
How nice that everyone is doing well, and how is Steve and Lynn?
Lynn is pregnant said Julia almost inaudible.
After weeks of reshaping everything, I focussed on my business again.
Fortunately, it all went well, and I didn't have to do very much.
I started new projects again, for which I wanted to hire people, but I do like to hire permanent staff.
I was looking for a web designer, someone who creates content for my you tube channels since I have four well running channels.
I'm looking for people who manage my social media channels, content writer, and product writer.
Yes, everything went so well that I couldn't do it alone anymore, and since there is a lot of unemployment here, I also help the economy by freeing up jobs.
I prefer to hire people from home workers who find it difficult to work due to physical disability.
I want to give those people a chance to participate in society, and that they can just continue to pay their bills.
I became so excited about the idea of being able to contribute to society that I started developing ideas.
I would like to have my own online webshop, but not with drop shipping, but really a warehouse full of products that I am going to sell.
This is how I help people with a job, and I earn from it myself.
I started working out my ideas when suddenly the doorbell rang.
Steve was standing with a gloomy face in front of my door wet from the rain.
Eh hi Steve I said softly.
Why didn't you tell me you're back?
Why did I have to hear it from Robert?
Do you want to come in? I asked him ignoring his questions.
He stepped in, and I closed the door behind him, and followed him to the living room.
Well? He asked when he turned around with a jerk.
I saw disappointment, pain, and sadness in his eyes with a touch of rage.
I had only told Juuls because she is my best friend, and there was for me when I was on my own, and I had to talk to her.
You have more friends, how do you think they feel that you don't let anything know?
Listen this is my life, and my choices Steve, and if I choose not to tell right away that I'm there, real friends would respect it.
Real friends would think there's probably a reason why she hasn't told anything yet.
If friends don't understand it, or can't accept my wish and choices, and get angry about it, they are not real friends either, and therefore not important in my life.
We always told each other everything, and now I keep having to hear things from other people he said with a sigh.
Yes just when I have to hear things from other people, congratulations I heard you're going to be a father, and guess what?
I had to hear it from someone other than you.
I wanted to tell you he said defensively.
Well you could have called me, or sent me a message.
It's not that I was unreachable to the world, but you chose not to tell me anything.
I would have liked it for you, and I still like it for you, but you also shut me out.
No Kait I just wanted to tell it personally he said disappointed.
My eyes got wet, and I tried not to cry in front of him.
So you wanted to tell me I asked after I swallowed a lump.
Yes Kait I had shared the good news with you right away as soon as I saw you.
I actually wanted you were the first to hear it from me that I will become a father, but that wasn't possible because of your absence.
Oh, and then I did feel the tear I've been trying to hold on for so long slipping out of my eyes.
He pulled me into his arms, and began to comfort me making me cry even harder.
I'm sorry for everything Kait, I've always loved you, but I've resigned that you only wanted friendship.