𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕤 𝕗𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕪

My alarm blared at 5 AM, signaling the start of a hectic day

My alarm blared at 5 AM, signaling the start of a hectic day. I had to prepare for the haldi ceremony and the wedding, all while obtaining the ring from that cunning woman.

If I wasn't undercover, she'd already be six feet under. I confirmed the ring's identity during the sangeet, but couldn't retrieve it.

Now, in a simple black kurta and red pants, I joined the management team on the terrace garden.

Rounak briefed me on our tasks, and we divided duties to tackle both events. By 10 AM, preparations were complete, and I did a final check before the chaos began.

After ensuring everything was in order, I headed to change for the function.

My phone buzzed, and I promptly answered Jarek's call.

"How's the situation unfolding?" he inquired.

"So far, everything is under our control," I replied.

"What's your next move? Have you strategized?" he queried.

"Don't worry, the bride adores me; I'll exchange the rings at the earliest opportunity." I responded with a hint of sarcasm,

"Hmm, okay... So, what's my role?" Jarek murmured

"Alex and James are on site, right? I've alerted them to be vigilant. They might prove useful. Have a car standing by, a short distance from the wedding venue. I'll take care of the rest," I directed, my tone crisp and authoritative.

"Okay, what's the timing?" he queried.

"After midnight, when no one will notice," I specified.

"Okay," he acknowledged.

"By the way, Marko sent a message through me, saying it's urgent and important. He couldn't reach you directly."

"Did he provide any details?" I asked.

"No, he mentioned he hadn't checked either; it's for your eyes only," Jarek replied.

"Okay," I acknowledged.

After ending the call, a notion struck me, and I suspected it might be connected to my family.

My hunch was confirmed as I delved into the information I had. Few people know the real reason I agreed to come here, but I did it not just for the ring, but also to uncover secrets about my family.

I have been searching for answers for a long time, but to no avail. That's why I accepted Jarek's proposal and chose to come personally, instead of sending someone else. My assumptions may not be entirely true, but they're not baseless either; I'm certain of that.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. I rose from my seat, about to open it, but then realized I was still wrapped in a towel.

"Who is it?" I hesitated and called out from behind the door.