ℂ𝕒𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

Happy Rakshabandhan to you all 💓💓

The morning unfolded in silence, punctuated only by the occasional lectures Adwait received at the dining table

⏳⏳⏳

Riva sauntered into my cabin, making herself comfortable on the sofa chair.

"When do you think we should meet the board members?" she inquired, her tone nonchalant. "You should announce your ownership of Lucas now that your uncle is no longer in the picture."

"It's still not the right time. And I specifically asked you to investigate G.T. Corporation - what's the update on that?" I responded.

I raised an eyebrow, awaiting her answer, my eyes narrowing slightly in expectation.

"Oh, I did check on G.T. Corporation," Riva began, "and they're planning to launch a massive new project. However, there's an issue with it."

My interest piqued, I sat up straight. "What project is that? And what kind of problem are they facing?"

Riva's expression turned serious. "Apparently, G.T. Corporation wants to pull out of the collaboration due to accusations of financial manipulation against Randhawa Industries. But the truth is, G.T. has strong connections with the Singh group."

My eyes narrowed. "Are the Singh's business rivals of the Randhawa's?" I probed, sensing a deeper plot.

Riva nodded, "Yes, they are. And it seems like Singh's are using G.T. Corporation to sabotage Randhawa's reputation and gain an upper hand in the market."

"And the fact that the Randhawa and Malhotra families are now sworn enemies only adds fuel to the fire. Several international companies have already severed ties with them, and it's getting worse by the day."

I leaned back in my chair, twirling it slowly as I processed the information. "But didn't they compromise?" I asked, recalling that I had made sure SLY Corporation could no longer interact with Randhawa's.

Riva's expression turned somber. "They did, but the damage was already done. The rumors had spread, and now your marriage to Adwait is being seen as a liability, bringing him down with you."

I stopped twirling my chair and sat up straight, my eyes locking onto Riva's. "So, I'm the reason," I stated, my voice firm, seeking clarification.

Riva realized the impact of her words and straightened herself in her chair, trying to rectify her mistake. "Hey, I didn't mean it like that! What I meant to say is that Adwait's marriage to you, instead of Sanya, has created a huge stir. People don't know who you are or what your background is, so it's causing a lot of uncertainty!"

I sighed, understanding the situation. No wonder Adwait didn't want to go to the hospital. If news of his health issues spread, it would only add fuel to the fire.