1.3 suna rintarō

your missing signsuna rintarō x fem!reader (fluff)synopsis: you wonder what'll happen at the end of your skate togetherword count: 1

your missing sign
suna rintarō x fem!reader (fluff)
synopsis: you wonder what'll happen at the end of your skate together
word count: 1.1k
warnings: part 3, skate blades, rom-com ending

"my hands won't stop shaking, kiyoko," you watch as your fingers tremble upon trying to tie the laces of your skates.

  despite your years of competitions and experience skating with actual figure skaters, this is the most worried you've ever felt. part of you assumes it's because suna might not be able to catch you when you fall. while the rest of your brain knows it's because you don't want it to end. you don't want to finish the skate and watch him leave seconds later, yet you know it's bound to happen.

  and yet your hands can't stop shaking from the inevitable. "y/n, first of all, nothing bad is going to happen out there. you're both good skaters and you'll know what to do. and secondly, he likes you!"

"you have no idea-"

"you don't see the way he looks at you when you practice..."

an eyebrow raises on your face, an unimpressed frown lining your lips. you wanna believe kiyoko's fantasy of the two of you kicking it off by the end of it. yet, you can still feel the lingering doubt deep within. even when you look up and see suna not too far off, his hand waving.

  it's a short wave, barely noticeable if you weren't paying attention. you raise your hand and give him a similar wave, the only difference being that you are waving him over to where you are. even if the two of you parted ways forever, you figure that it would be on good terms. or at least, better terms, than where you started.

  kiyoko knowingly backs away, saying goodbye before retreating for her husband and figure skating partner. what you don't see is the soft smirk on her face as she walks away. certain that the two of you will get together.

  "hello partner, you ready to throw me around?" you question, crossing your arms in front of your chest.

partner? your mind rings with disbelief that you would ever call someone 'partner' like a cowboy. let alone someone you're romantically attracted to. luckily, it just causes him to laugh, shaking his head in confusion. he holds out his hand for you to grab, raising an eyebrow, a mischievous smile on his face, "partner? i thought we were just two skaters who won't ever skate together past this experience."

"i wish we weren't..." you mumble, grabbing ahold of his calloused hands and pulling yourself up.

suna tilts his head, unable to pull his eyes away from yours. "wait, what did you say?" a small smile grows on his face and his hand holds just a little tighter against yours.

you shrug, heart beating a little quicker at the sight of his face less than a foot from yours. despite ending up with close bodies and faces every practice, you can still feel the heat in your cheeks raise to that of an uncomfortable level. his smile stays fit on his face as he awaits an answer from you.

  "i wanna make sure i heard you right, what did you say?" suna's eyes begin to search yours, unwilling to move to anything else.

"nothing, i just think we should get ready, our skate is almost up," of course you wanted to tell him, tell him that despite what little time the two of you spent together, you feel strongly for him.

however, every rational part of your mind is screaming at you that this is nothing but a winter fling. that the two of you will leave each other in a few meek hours. that suna is simply asking because he wants to see whether you told him off or something. your eyes look between him and the ice, shaking your head.

you couldn't possibly tell him, not when he could so easily push you away. no matter how hard his eyes stare into your soul, you can't bring yourself to tell him that everything you've wanted the past few days is in front of you. especially when you didn't know why there was such a switch in your heart.

"you said it yourself, we're just two skaters who will part ways after this event, let's get on with it," you pull your eyes from his, looking down at your skates, the laces pulling all of your attention.

  "i was joking, y/n. and when i told you that at the beginning of our practices, i didn't know you then. i certainly didn't know how amazing of a person you are," suna sticks to your first name, rolling it off of his tongue like the two of you had known each other forever.

thoughts roll into your head that he could be lying, that he's faking it to make fun of you. that maybe no one could like you like that. anxiety bubbles up through your body, and you bite your lip, keeping your eyes to the floor. suna furrows his eyebrows, lifting a hand until your chin rests on his index finger.

he lifts your head up, a small smile on his lips, "you're phenomenal, and if you really don't want this to end, something that i hope is more than just a partnership, then i don't either."

  "i'm so happy you said that," you reach forward and grab his hand, intertwining your fingers with his.

  "i am too," he leans forward, tilting his head a little as he brushes your lips with his.

  it's such a soft touch that it nearly tickles you, your hand tightening against his. you push forward on the balls of your feet as your face begins to feel warmer. without thinking, suna begins to smile into the kiss, his lips soft and somewhat delicate.

you probably could've stood like that for forever, his thumb running against his your cheekbone, his fingers carefully resting on your knuckles. however, as mysterious as fate can be, someone shouts out your names. the voice sounds so familiar as it says something.

"y/n! suna! your skate is about to start!" kiyoko stands side by side with tanaka, their arms intertwined as she waves you over.

suna pulls away from the kiss, his eyes lingering between your eyes and lips. he lets out a short sigh and a part of him wants to say 'fuck it' to leaving the competition just to be with you. however, as he watches you smile wildly at kiyoko and at the ice, he knows that skating with you would be the best experience he could go through.

"suna, would you want to go get coffee after this?"

"absolutely, and call me rintarō. i think it would sound best coming from you."