Ch 9.5 A Hero's Welcome

Oscars POV:

I rushed through the hallways of the school, up and down the stairs, trying to find where Ruby was. I climbed the stairs until I ran into Prof. Ozpin.

"Uh, hi sir," I said, "do you know where-"

"That was a most excellent display, Mr. Pine, but please don't jump out the window like that again. You really worried us," Ozpin said, drinking from his cup.

"I'm sorry, sir, but Ruby was in danger, and I wanted to save her."

"Yes, that was a very admirable thing for you to do. You'll find Ms. Rose and her friends down the corridor there."

"Thank you, sir!"

Ruby's POV:

I opened my eyes in the infirmary. Yang nervously sat beside my bed worriedly, and my friends were all waiting for me.

"Yang?" I said, sitting up, "What happened?"

"Oh, thank goodness, Ruby!" my sister hugged me tightly, "I was so worried. Are you OK? You passed out after Oscar beat the lion!"

 Are you OK? You passed out after Oscar beat the lion!"

"I'm fine. Where is everyone else?"

"Hey, Ruby."

I saw Jaune sitting on a chair with his arm bandaged. Nora and Ren were also wearing bandages on their arms and legs. Then I saw the cast on Yang's arm when she punched the lion. That battle had taken its toll on everyone, but I wonder where-

BANG ‼️ 

The door opened, and Oscar came in out of breath, his clothes cut from the fight.

Oscar's POV:

I saw Ruby sitting in the bed with her arms covered in gauze, and she looked fatigued and weak. I rushed to her side.

"Ruby, are you OK?" I asked worriedly.

"OK!?" exclaimed Yang, "You took on a Nemean Lion for the first time and came out on top, and you're asking if she's OK!?"

"Well, I mean, yeah, I rushed in there to keep her safe since she was about to be killed."

"Yes, you could have been killed too! You charged that thing so fast I barely saw you run past me!"

"Yeah," said Blake, "that was scary."

I looked at them, a bit surprised at their reactions. "I had to do something. I couldn't just stand there and let it attack Ruby."

Just then, Qrow and Tai walked into the room, both looking concerned.

"Ruby!" Tai gasped frantically. He saw her in the bed and hugged her tightly, "Oh, I was so worried about you! We got there as fast as possible, but it was all liver! What happened down there?"