School (Monday)

• Dedicated to Anna Pevzner

Some days are simply awful days, that's it in a nutshell. You need to encounter misery to know satisfaction, and I advise myself that only one out of every odd day will be a decent day, that is only the way it is! I'm a young teenager who is starting the second year today and am I anticipating it? I assume so yet as I say this introduction, I'm simply waking up now and my mom is calling me to go downstairs.

Daylight sparkles under the entryway like a devil's smile, yet give the screens a corona of brilliant beams. The morning is as guaranteed as the tides and similarly as relentless. I need a couple of more long stretches of obscurity. Spots exposed and loaded with life, some solidified in murkiness colder than ice, some eternity burning. Ocean of the dead, land of the living. Dread is the air we breathe, grit is the flame it fills. Is there an unknown world above us?

I got up and went down the stairs to discover my sister tossing food but missing me. Being the middle child isn't the end of the world, but I love them and for who they are. My name is Anna and I've been noticing floating shadows in the sky for a while now. Seeing things in the sky, but floating shapes that almost look like what's underneath an island in the ocean.

I've one younger sister named Adi and an older brother named Ian, both parents working. I adore my family as a solitary substance in the way that 'The Family' consolidates my qualities as a person. Regardless of whether the people in the family are the same as my very own qualities or not, it is superfluous. It's what I disentangle from "The Family" that issues.

"Adi, don't do that," my Dad said, telling Ian to clean the floor and feed her while he peruses the wicked newspaper... boring. My brother really didn't want to do that but did it anyway as I took out a box of cereal and began to eat my breakfast. I just went for a shower, got dressed after spending at least 10 minutes finding my uniform, knowing that I would have been late for the bus. I ran around like a lost person looking for my school bag, found it and went out the door with my other belongings such as my p.e. which I almost forgot.

My lunch was on the counter and sprinted to my bus stop where I get the bus. My friend was sneaking up behind me and pinched my hips, which caused me to slip into the wet, slippery, grass. I was doused from head to toe.

"Bosede, you bitch" I yelled, getting up and giving him a little shove. He laughed, telling me to try and push him over again. We took a selfie together because he convinced me to, both of us ranted about the amount we despise school, typically, including that one weird science teacher in my school that everybody adores! Also, jokes about our self-hatred towards teachers, not everyone is going to like you, so you aren't going to like every teacher you have in school or any lecture you have in college.

"I mean, don't get me wrong, I loathe school as much as the following a prospective third-year student, however despite everything I understand school is important and that we would get no place in existence without it. Likewise, the most exceedingly awful day of the week in the event that you have a school day. It's the ideal opportunity for another tired, misfortune, horrifying day on school Mondays."I explained, fixing my hair for the 50th time and putting it up in a ponytail again.

The bus at last came and we hustled ourselves in, shoving each other. The bus driver didn't generally bother with us as most bus drivers in Ireland are sometimes stuck up people and aren't all the friendly drivers you'd find elsewhere. We sat across from each other, he had his friends... I had myself.  None of my friends get the same bus as me.

My brain dependably winds up nostalgic and I begin contemplating different things like the importance of life, relationships with parents, friends, jobs, leaving school, etc.. it makes me quiet and serene. You feel the air all over, it gives us harmony and a quiet personality is philosophical. At long last got to my stop, a transport stop on the key and strolled up to an adjacent street over the street.