Back to the normal world (Sunday)

• Dedicated to Jim Spillane

Anna POV

Now this office was amazing as last time I didn't have a good look around. It features furnished with desks, chairs, and filing cabinets, and 12 credits to book conference rooms. 30 feet over the ground and 12 feet, light and breezy, with clean lines, vivid subtleties, plated globes and fake plants in many parts of the room.

I sat in Steven's armchair, earphones in and watching as the clock ticks. An hour passed as I got up and went through the bookshelves, to find very interesting books and yes, I do read, quit being so surprised. So, after reading through a couple, I was now on the last of the pile and was reading the blurb first.

Ah, the book of yōkai..... never heard of it but it looks promising to read. 'Rich storylines and creatures from otherworldly worlds, Japanese folklore and legends. Monsters, ghosts, fantastic beings and supernatural, phenomenality, come in all shapes and sizes. I wonder if this stuff is real. Well, it is the magic world, of course, there are vampires. But that is as far as I know! Jason came in looking like he was rambling around in the countryside.

"Find anything interesting?" he asked, clearly knowing that I had my earphones plugged in and didn't hear a word he had just said. I looked up when he closed the door and took out one of the earphones, putting the book down on my lap.

"Did you say something? "I questioned, taking my phone off and pausing Spotify, giving him full attention this time. Great, just great. He's going to question me about what's up right after he repeats whatever he said, ugh, this is going to be just great.

"I said 'Find anything interesting?' he relished, setting down his gym bag somewhere and looking around the room. I let out a big, loud 'oh' and lifted the book, putting my earphones back in my ear and unpausing the music. He slowly nodded at me and then began to look through an open cabinet, making a lot of noise and looking through whatever was in there. I was about to begin reading again about... oh look, an 'Obake, which is a general term for any animal that can shapeshift into human structure....', but didn't get to finish reading what an obake is because of how distracting Jason was that I was tempted to ask him what the hell he was doing.

"Jason, what exactly are you doing? "I asked, unplugging out both of my earphones, glimpsing at him, a little puzzled and curious. He took his time answering me and shot me a grin as he almost broke something on the cabinet, chuckling and carrying on with his nonsense.

"I am looking for files on certain people that are unimportant to Steven but are useful to me, nothing wrong with that" he illustrated, tidying up after himself, as he went along scanning through many files but not even taking them out. As he was about to continue, Steven came in fast and I shot up out of the armchair, holding the book in my arms and my phones.

"Let's begin" he announced, closing the door behind him, the same files in his hands, ignoring Jason and going back to look at the files. When Steven sat down. Jason finally gave up, sitting on the chair on the other side of the desk, waiting for me to sit back down in the armchair, put the book back onto the side table beside me and the meeting began.

"Who broke her wrist has become a huge problem. Steven, this isn't the first time he would attack. You saw yourself what he did and this isn't the last of him "Jason blurred, his body tense and stiff.

"Retribution isn't worth it, because Jason you can't save everyone and you know it. You are not going to like harming somebody in any case on the off chance that it is justified or not. Your annoyance toward this individual will possibly increment if you engross yourself with vengeance" Steven acknowledged, taking off his jacket and hanging it up on the back of the chair he was sitting in.

Jason stood up aggressively and yelled "What do you expect me to do? Sit back and watch the show. No! That it's me, Steven, as I always have a reason for getting revenge on demons, especially demons like him"