A bad unanticipated (Tuesday)

• Dedicated to Anna Pevzner

Skipping me eating my breakfast and getting into my uniform, fast forward to me standing in the cold and under the shelter, the clear, blue sky but freezing typical Irish weather. Poor Miss. O'Sullivan got a hard time from horrible students and other girls decided stupidly, to do the cinnamon challenge and got detention because they wrecked their whole classroom and complaints from teachers about how high our skirts were. School finished and I finally got home. Adi's Au pair was inside, giving her food. She was American and her name was Aarlayn.

My brother had gone back to college in Dublin and I can't look after her because I'm in school, plus, got my waste of a time Junior Cert on the way. I get it, I am being negative but it's not even important and I understand it's to show you what the real Leaving Cert is like. I said hello to them and went upstairs to my bedroom, to get dressed. A tracksuit and a hoodie would do me just grand, I put my red Converse on and walked down the stairs.

"I'm going for a stroll. Tell Mum and also tell her I have my phone with me" I said, grabbing an apple and walking out the door. I live in a small estate where there are only 4 houses including mine and IN THE COUNTRYSIDE! I came to a rough area and thank god I got away from the nearby pub where you can find men who smoke and drink.

I sat down on a bench and noticed that there was a shadow like a human's shadow. Then suddenly I was pushed over and the bench fell on top of me. The shadow tried to grab me but I was already running until I got to a dead-end of a wall.

Several shadows appeared behind me then men rose and their shadows had disappeared. I put my back against the wall and watched as a man in the middle of the others walked forward, quite quickly and grinned, showing his shiny teeth. He came closer to me, and even though I was trying to get past him, he caved in and I couldn't move.

"You must be the Element," he said. I stared at him blankly. What did he call me? Hello, I am human... at least I hope I am. Is that what you'd say to aliens if they exist? Oh god, please don't tell me that these guys are aliens.

"Element?" I stammered, scared as hell. I was trembling, literally terrified. What were they going to do to me? Oh god, the thought of that just crossed my mind and my heart dropped.. they might kill me and that would be horrific. 

"Yes element, I was told you were the first one, so if you don't come with me now, I'll drag your pathetic, fragile body and hear you scream until you behave and take you to the magic world, got it" he commanded, aggressively snatching my arms.

I didn't even get a chance to say something back because someone appeared and interrupted our conversation and killed all the men who were standing around like a bunch of loners. It was the boy who I met at lunchtime!

"Jason," the man said."Coming back for another fight, eh?'

"Just getting started, "the boy named Jason said. The man charged into him. Finally, a name! I was annoyed saying 'guy' and he kept cutting me off whenever I wanted to question him, and also wanting to know his name! I was about to move when a different boy around my age appeared out of nowhere, taking his time while walking over to me.

"Well aren't you a hot one?" he said smiling and aiming for a punch. He missed me because I ducked but when he did it a second time he knocked me out. He was about to take me away when Jason shot him with a gun. He got away and so did all the other men, who seemed to be still alive. The main guy got away before I got beaten. I woke up ten hours later in my bed, my pajamas and Jason was leaning against my bathroom door, watching me but not in a creepy way.

"You're finally awake, thank god," he said, coming over and sitting at the end of my bed. He stared

"What happened?"I asked in a sleepy daze. I looked at my phone and stared at the time. It was noon. He told me that my parents were already asleep and the au pair had gone home ages ago. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I came out and found him on my bed.