My Star (Monday)

Anna POV

Lyla was standing now, taking deep breathes as she began explaining partially her story and so, she began...

"My Dad called me his star as it is what we were, I wake up every day, I think that everything was a bad dream. I have to deal with the fact that it's gone for several minutes. He was the funniest, gladdest, most enthusiastic, and the most talkative man I met. He was friendly and outgoing, really, cared for his people. His laugh, I can't ignore. Or his lovely voice.

We had a special bond and, no matter what I did, he still supported us. When I was hurt, ill, sick, he races to hold me up, pick me up. No matter how much I scream, it isn't here anymore. I was lonely. I was feeling isolated. I felt lonely. I think weak. I often believe that it was the vision to have a dad and I went into the future myself. All that made me happy, or what I wanted to do is now totally miserable or even half of the pleasure.

He was overly protective, however, I was sent to earth as a child to live with my mom. He became overprotective. He became mad with me, he wanted my intended fixed marriage relationship and he didn't marry someone I've been up with. We are boys, children's love is not the same as caring for adults.

I then left and remained in the earth until I found my journey to the Water City and existed in both dimensions, but never came back to the planet before our eyes. My mother was there already and so I was experiencing this life away from something I didn't plan to do. Perhaps I'm only young, but that's a profit, I think. You see, I'm not doing so many things of life right now. I go to school and then a lot of time I'm at my house. You have work, you have children, you have grandchildren. So if I do this now rather than later I won't have to deal with all these expectations.

A war broke out, my dad seeing the horror that the dark army had created angered him and he sent a small force of about three or four hundred sorcerers and sorceresses but failed to proceed as the planet fell into darkness. I don't know if he had survived or fallen as my sister doesn't know either.

I will lose. But I could win, too. I don't understand. But, what I do know is that I will fail by chance if I don't succeed-because I've never tried. And I get a bit better than last time every time I fall, and get back up and learn from that mistake. And I'm going to get it one day. Now if you don't know how to respond to that, I don't expect you to as life is complicated and will never be considered normal, I know that for a fact.

I can't say that it was hell and a half, but you just tired of being regimented and telling most days that you must be someone else to keep up with life. I was a very naive kid who didn't understand why all and all around me seemed so foreign. It took me a long time to be all right, as I now knew why I was different and I got more upset with how people treated each other and me"

The sound of a car alarm went off, birds chirping nearby but did I look to see what was going on? No, I didn't. The tv fr.om inside was switched on by Jason or Jacob I presume. Lyla had finished talking, was taking deep breathes actually as I began to process everything she had just told me. She never hesitated, not once, just straight up told me what she wanted to tell me. Keep my own slow and steady breathing. Silently inhale, hold for a second, after which slowly release. Focus solely on my body and see if that I am restless.

I then put a hand gently on her shoulder to show empathy. "Lyla, I know what you told me wasn't easy. You are very courageous. You are very brave. Thank you for trusting me. Everything that must have been like, I can't begin to understand. I believe you really are courageous and strong to get through it."

"I thank you for that Anna, I never thought about opening-up but I didn't' feel comfortable telling you everything, so I told you what I could tell you. You may or may not have questions, but this world still doesn't have answers that even I personally don't know." she emphasized her eyebrows low, hunched shoulders and not making proper eye contact.