13

Karan and Aditi were on their way back after finishing off all the procedures for the admission.

"Thank god that it's finally done I was so worried about the admission all thanks to Mr Arora."

Karan simply smiled at her. His brother was awesome no denying.

"And here we are...." The car came to a halt in front of Aditi's home.

Aditi insisted Karan to come inside but he denied politely.

"Oh please you should come atleast have some coffee, it's the only thing that I can offer you right now. Aur isi bahane Dad aur Advay se bhi mil lena" with that she got out of the car not giving Karan another chance to speak.

Karan parked his car nearby and hesitantly got out of it.

When he got in he was mesmerized by the calmness. Their house wasn't as huge as the Arora mansion but it got that cozy vibe. Karan was busy gazing around the decorations when Aditi called him.

(The pic is from Pinterest)

"Karan please baithiye na Dad bhi abhi aate hi honge. Main tab tak coffee bana kar laati hoon."

"Yeah sure and please don't stress."

Karan sat in the living room awkwardly but then his gaze fell on the picture wall nearby. He went near to it and started adorning the pictures. Most of them were of little Aditi with her baby brother, some even had her mom. But then his gaze fell on their recent family picture and his eyes went wide.
It was as if the ground slipped from beneath his feet.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, I was on a phone call. You must be Karan ?"
A very familiar voice brought Karan back to the reality.

The voice belonged to none other than Mr. Vikram Goinka, his high school maths teacher and his worst nightmare. He remembers getting in trouble at school and at home because of him.

Karan despised him with a great passion. He had him as his maths teacher in class 9th and then unfortunately in class 10th as well. He won't deny but he was the happiest when Vikram left school the very next year.

He slowly turned around and took a minute to catch his breath.
"Uhmm h..hello sir yes it's me Karan Arora." He stuttered and brought his hand forward to shake.

Vikram frowned at his demeanor and hesitantly took the hand but soon he realised.
Did the boy call him sir ?.....Karan... what was his last name again...Arora ?

Oh.....is he the brat from 9th C....The Karan Arora.
He stared at him closely and indeed he was the same person just a little more groomed and taller.

They kept holding hands for a good few minutes and staring at each. Their thoughts were broken by Aditi who came with three cups of coffee.

"Arre aap log mil gye....papa this the Karan I was talking about and Karan meet my dad."

"Of course we have met....am I right Karan ?" Vikram smirked at Karan making the latter blush.

"Oh you remember me sir ? Nice to meet you again."

"Ofcourse I remember you, I remember all of my students, specially the ones who required my special attention."

"So you guys already know each other that's great come on let's sit and talk coffee thandi ho rahi hai."

Soon they were all sitting in the living room sipping on their coffees, it was only Aditi who was talking to both of them. The men were pretty baffled to speak anything.

"Papa Adi Kahan hai ? Karan wants to meet him."

"He's taking a nap beta. Wo subah se padh raha tha to maine use zabardasti nap ke liye bhej diya."

"It's ok I'll meet him some other time." Karan replied.

"So Karan ?" Vikram suddenly called the boy.

"Yes sir" Karan answered almost immediately. He wanted to keep a calm demeanor but his body refused to co-operate !

Vikram smiled at that.

"So what are your future plans?"

"Um right now I'm pursuing my MBA and also doing my internship in my brother's firm. Once I'm done I'll apply for the job here itself."

"Apply as in ? Isn't that your brother's company ?"

"Yes it is sir but my bhaiya won't agree he wants all of us to bag a job on our own calibre." Karan answered with a smile.

Vikram was not surprised with the answer. The Aroras were a respected family, he met them many times at parents teacher conferences and they were pretty much always invested in their kids academics.
Even Karan was a good boy during his school days, just a bit distracted. His pranks were harmless and he never ever crossed his limits.

"Well that's good. Good luck to you young man."

"I heard about your parents. I'm really sorry.....my condolences to your family."

"It's alright sir. It's been 5 years now. We have adapted to our lives without them. Our bhaiya and bhabhi are great guardians. Everybody was worried for my younger brothers. But bhaiya bhabhi took the role of parents so well. They always make sure ki hume kisi cheez ki kami na ho." A sad smile graced his lips when talking of his brothers.

They sat there in silence until Advay walked into the room rubbing sleep from his eyes.
"Papa.....ab kya padhna hai ?"
He walked to his dad and snuggled close to him still rubbing his eyes.

"Arre pehle aankhe to khol dhang se aur dekh yahan kon hai."Aditi teased him.

Advay opened his eyes a bit and observed Karan, he got embarassed and snuggled closer to dad.
'He probably should've looked around before coming out.'

"Hi Advay. I'm Karan."
Karan brought his hand forward.

"Hello, I'm Advay." He shyly shook hands with him.

"He and his older brother Mr. Arora helped us a lot with your admission and now you can officially start after summer vacations." Aditi enthusiastically announced.

Advay mumbled a hesitant thank you.

Karan could feel his plight, changing schools is always a trouble specially for teenagers.

"Don't worry you're going to love the school. The faculty is amazing. My younger brothers study there too. In fact my youngest brother is your age, you might be in the same class as him."

Advay gave a hesitant smile.

Karan stayed there for a while and then bid them goodbye.

Karan was driving home when memories of his 9th grade and his first ever encounter with Mr Vikram Goinka flooded his mind.

He cringed at those.

______________________________________

Hey guys
I'm so so so sorry for the wait but like I told you I'm a med student so writing simultaneously is a bit hectic for me.
But I have a few weeks off so I'm actually trying to write stuff.
I know this chapter is boring but in the next we have Karan and his school days.

And one more thing I would really appreciate ideas. I'll be online for the whole day so feel free to dm me some awesome ideas.

Target for next chapter:
30 votes and 30 comments