The Thunderstorm

Amidst the chaotic debate on who would brave the storm to rescue Manisha, Abhishek's eyes widened in disappointment.

He couldn't believe what he was hearing. It seemed that no one had the courage or compassion to save that poor girl. Are they still angry about that documents? Documents might be important but not more than a girl's life.

Determination flickered in his eyes as he raised his hands and confidently declared, "Main jaunga waha par!"

However, his declaration was met with sarcastic smirks and mocking laughter from the assembled group. One of the army men, with a disdainful tone, retorted, "Tum toh karoge hi hero. Har jagah humanity jo karni hai. Usse sirf phobia hi toh hai !"

Undeterred by the doubt surrounding him, Abhishek squared his shoulders and stared directly into their eyes.

With a fierce determination, he clenched his fists and growled, "Usko bachana aap logo ke liye important nahi hoga. Mere liye hai!

Anger crackling in the air, Abhishek seized the collar of the doubter, his grip firm and assertive.

Itni chinta mat karo Abhishek, marne do usse waha par, some girl said.

He locked eyes with ner, a blaze of fury in his gaze, as he seethed, "I suggest you choose your next words carefully."

Abhishek ran to save Manisha, his heart pounding in his chest. He reached her door and pounded on it, calling out her name. But there was no response. What troubled him more was that the door was left open, as if inviting danger.

A terrible thought raced through his mind. Did something happen to her? Bracing himself, Abhishek pushed the door open and cautiously stepped inside.

The sound of quiet sobs reached his ears, and he followed the noise to find Manisha in the next room, her body trembling.

He knocked on the door. From inside, she cried out, her voice filled with desperation, "Go away! Leave me alone!"

Abhishek gently said, "Manisha main hoon".

Before he could react, door was opened and Manisha lunged at him and clung onto him, her grip tight and desperate.

Tears stained her face as she sobbed uncontrollably, her body shaking with each tremor of fear caused by the thunderstorm outside.

As Manisha's tears flowed like a babbling brook, Abhishek's heart raced like a runaway stallion. He desperately searched for a way to soothe her tremors.

"Manisha, main tumhari madad kaise karu mujhe samajh nahi aa raha,"

Abhishek pleaded, his voice crackling like lightning. "Abhishek ji," Manisha whimpered, her voice quivering like leaves in a storm. "Mujhe dar lag raha hai."

Manisha clung to Abhishek, her sobs gradually subsiding like a dissipating thunderstorm. With each calm breath, she began to find solace in his embrace.

The tempest outside mirrored the storm in her heart, calming and fading away.

Abhishek took a deep breath and asked Manisha the important question after she calmed down.

Abhishek, concerned, gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Manisha, tum. Thunderstorm se kyun itna darti ho? You don't have to tell if you want to"

Manisha looked in his eyes and said "main apko batana chahti hoon. I trust you".

Flashback

It was a stormy night, and Manisha, just finished her long shift at her hospital. Tired and eager to meet her dad who must be worried,she decided to take a shortcut to reach her home quickly.

Little did she know that this shortcut would lead her down an unexpected and harrowing path.

As she walked along the dimly lit road, rain pouring down relentlessly, Manisha noticed a group of boys standing on the corner staring at her.

Their intense gaze made her uncomfortable, but she brushed it off, assuming they were merely curious.
To her dismay, the boys began to follow her, their footsteps eerily echoing in the stillness of the night.

Panic crept through Manisha's veins as she quickened her pace, desperately hoping to reach the safety of her home. She prayed that she was just being paranoid and that they would eventually get bored and leave her alone.

However, her prayers were left unanswered, as the boys closed in on her. Fear gripped Manisha's heart as two of them suddenly grabbed her by the arms, their grip strong and forceful. Her heart pounding in her chest, she pleaded with them to let her go, her voice trembling with fear.

But the boys ignored her pleas, their intentions becoming painfully clear. One of them, fueled by his lustful desires, began to touch her inappropriately.

Manisha felt a wave of revulsion and anger wash over her, fueling her strength and resolve.

Summoning every ounce of courage, she summoned the strength to break free from their grasp. In a burst of adrenaline and desperation, she wrenched herself away and started to run.

The stormy night seemed to amplify her heartbeats, as her footsteps matched the thunderous rhythm of nature's rage.

Back to present

Manisha cried in Abhishek's arms as she completed telling her traumatic incident.

Abhishek clenched his fist, his heart aching for her pain. A single tear drop slipped from his eyes, unnoticed by Manisha. Gently, he held her trembling hands, his gaze locked with hers.

"I won't ever let anything like that happen to you again," he vowed, his voice resolute with determination. In that moment, he felt an overwhelming sense of protectiveness toward her.

Manisha's eyes widened, surprise etching her face. "par aapko yaha nahi hona chahiye Abhishek ji. Log galat sochenge. Apko meri wajah se nuskan hogi," she hesitantly whispered, her voice tinged with guilt and sadness.

Abhishek smiled gently, brushing a stray lock of hair from her face. "I am exactly where I should be," he replied, his voice filled with unwavering certainty. He brought her delicate hands to his lips, planting a tender kiss on her hands.

Manisha's breath caught in her throat, unsure of how to process the depth of his emotions. Yet, in that simple gesture, she could feel the truth behind his words.

She hugged him. That's all she wants. She just wants him.

Bas ab aur door nahi reh sakte hum aapse Abhishek ji, Manisha thought in her head and smiled.

Tujhse bichadh ke bakhuda main yhaa
Ji na sakunga ek lamha
Aram ata hai didar se tere
Mit jate hai sare gum
Hai ye dua ke tujhe dekhte
Dekhte hi nikl jaye dum

AUTHORS NOTE

So do yall like it?