The prison nights

Startled, Manisha quickly hid behind Abhishek, seeking shelter from the unexpected danger.

 With a commanding tone, Abhishek demanded, "Yaha kya ho raha hai?" One of the army men nervously responded, "Abhishek sir, we've received orders from higher authorities. Hume Manisha ko arrest karna padega."

 Abhishek furrowed his brow, his protective instincts kicking in. "Arrest karna padega? On what grounds?" 

 The army men exchanged glances, visibly uncomfortable. Finally, one of them cleared his throat and said, "specific details hume bhi nahi pata hai sir. We were just told to bring her in." 

 Abhishek's eyes narrowed, his voice filled with both anger and concern. "Yeh koi reason nahi hai kisi ko bhi arrest karne ki . I need a solid evidence on this matter.."

Manisha clutched Abhishek's arm, her nails digging into his skin. "Abhishek jii, yeh sab kya ho raha hai? mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha" she whispered urgently. Abhishek surveyed the room, his eyes narrowed with determination.

 "Manisha jii idar dekho main hoon na," he reassured her.

 As they made their way to the meeting room, Mrs Sharma shot them both a wicked smirk, her eyes filled with malice.

 Abhishek's jaw tightened in response, his grip on Manisha's hand tightening. Inside the meeting room, Colonel Thakur delivered his devastating verdict. "The meeting will reconvene tomorrow, but Manisha," he paused dramatically, "you are under suspicion. Woh important documents Manisha ki cupboard se mile hai ."

 Manisha gasped, her eyes wide with shock. "Maine yeh nahi kiya hai, Abhishek ji!" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with desperation.  Abhishek locked eyes with her, his voice filled with unwavering belief.

 "I know, Manisha. merko poora yakeen ahi." Before he could speak further, Colonel Thakur interjected.

 "I'm afraid, Abhishek, Manisha ko prison mei rehna padega aaj ki raat jab tak hume enough evidences nahi mil jaate," he said, guilt swimming in his eyes. Abhishek's heart sank, leaving him feeling helpless against the unjust situation. 

As Manisha was being dragged away by the officers, Abhishek stood there, helplessly watching.

 Mrs. Sharma, with a sly smile on her face, approached Abhishek and whispered, "Revenge time, Mr. Malhan. Mera khel shuru ho gaya hai." 

 Abhishek, looking determined, smirked and replied, "Chalo finally aapka khel shuru hua. Koi baat nahi mujhe bhi game khelne mei bada maza tha." Leaving behind an angry Mrs. Sharma, Abhishek turned and walked out, contemplating his plan. He knew he had to act swiftly to outmaneuver her. 

Abhishek had been working tirelessly since the meeting, trying to gather enough evidence to solve the this case.
He knew that time was running out, and he couldn't afford any mistakes.

He decided to investigate Manisha's room to get more evidences.

His gaze fell upon Manisha's cupboard, and a hunch took hold of him. He decided to take a chance. 

-As Abhishek opened the cupboard, searching for any hidden compartments, a photograph slipped out and landed at his feet. He picked it up, his heart skipping a beat as he saw his own face on the photo. Written beneath the image were the words, "My future husband❤". He doesn't know when she took this photo but a smile spread across his face.

Eager to find more answers, Abhishek searched Manisha's desk, flipping through the documents and papers, hoping to uncover anything that might shed light on the case. As his fingers moved through the stack, he came across a small camera hidden among the papers. He checked the camera and found a video.

A victory smirk formed on Abhishek's face, realizing the opportunity that lay before him.

Bas yehi chahiye tha, Abhishek with confidence.

Suddenly, Abhishek's heart raced as he heard the distant rumble of thunder.

Without a second thought, he dashed out of her room and towards the prison where she was being held.

As Abhishek sprinted through the rain-soaked streets, his breath came out in uneven gasps. 

The thunder grew louder, echoing through the camp, but Abhishek pushed himself to go faster.

Finally, Abhishek arrived at the prison. His clothes were drenched, and he was panting heavily.

He quickly made his way to the small window of Manisha's cell. As he peered inside, he was captivated by the sight before him.

There she lay, peacefully sleeping despite the raging storm outside.

The soft moonlight cascaded onto her face, making her look like an ethereal being. Abhishek felt his heart skip a beat as he gazed at her beauty. 

Saari duniya se jeet ke
main aaya hoon idhar
Tere aage hi main haara
kiya tune kya asar

Main dil ka raaz kehta hoon
Ke jab jab saansein leta hoon
Tera hi naam leta hoon
Yeh tune kya kiya?

Lost in his thoughts, Abhishek failed to notice the rusty key that slipped out of his pocket and fell onto the ground. The metallic clink echoed through the cell, startling Manisha awake. Confused and still half-asleep, she looked around in confusion.

"Abhishek ji?Aap mere sapne mei kaise aa gye?" she murmured groggily. "Kitna sundar sapna hai yeh.. Kasha aisa sapna roz aye"

He quickly composed himself and replied, "I am real, Manisha. Yeh sapna nahi hai."

Realization dawned on Manisha's face as she sat up. A mix of excitement and disbelief filled her eyes. Without a moment's hesitation, she reached out her arms to hug Abhishek. However, in her sleepy daze, she forgot about the iron bars separating them.

As she lunged forward, her forehead collided with the cold metal, causing her to wince in pain. Abhishek's eyes widened in concern as he rushed to her side.

Manisha, be careful! Aram se," he exclaimed, regretting his oversight.

Rubbing her forehead, Manisha smiled sheepishly. "Abhishek jii woh na aapko dekhar mei itni khush thi ki maine dekha hi nahi," she confessed. "I'm sorry."

Abhishek gently held Manisha's face in his hands through the bars, his gaze filled with affection. "It's alright, Manisha. Sab kuch theek ho jayega".

Manisha and Abhishek sat together, their hands intertwined through the cold prison iron bars. Manisha looked at Abhishek with an abundance of love and tenderness in her eyes. 

Abhishek, worn out from the hardships of prison, soon succumbed to exhaustion and fell asleep right there, in the midst of their conversation. Manisha couldn't help but smile at his peaceful slumber; he looked so vulnerable yet so handsome

Gently pulling her hand away from his, Manisha brushed a strand of hair away from Abhishek's forehead. She leaned in closer, whispering softly, as not to wake him up.

"I know I trouble you a lot, Abhishek," she murmured, her voice filled with a mix of gratitude and regret. "Kyun rakhte ho sabka khayal? Apna khayal rakhna kyun bhool jaate ho? "

Manisha's eyes welled up with tears. She remembered all the ups and downs he had faced because of her , from the day they met to this present moment, locked behind prison walls.

Abhishek had always been her pillar of strength, and she couldn't be more thankful for his unwavering support. When everyone was against her he was there. The only one who was there.

Authors note
My favorite chapter till now.
Did you all like it?
Please comment.. I would love to see your lovely comments❤.