3

The night before the twins 12th birthday
*Elizabeth's POV*
"Hey Eli you're a dork." Nessie said as she went into her room. I went into mine and climbed in bed. Mom came in (wow this is a first. I bet Dad made her). I rolled over not looking at her. I hate her, which might sound weird, but I hate her and she hates me. "Look at me you ungrateful girl." she growled. I didn't turn over. She forcefully rolled me over scratching my arm. I placed my hand on my arm and glared at my mother. She smacked me saying, "Wish you were never born child because tomorrow you won't be alive. I wish you were never born people just pay attention to you because you were unexpected. They don't love you." and with that she left. I sat up and removed my hand. It was stained with blood. I ran to the bathroom and looked at myself. My hair was jet black with a purple stripe on my bangs covering one of my light blue eyes. I was all human. I grabbed some gauze and wrapped up my arm. Well I'm all human. I packed up all my clothes in a backpack and left through my bedroom window. I don't want my mom or sister to drain me of my blood. I ran into the woods and just kept walking.

*Edward's POV*
Alice was talking then went absolutely still and silent. Jasper was at her side and asked, "What's wrong Alice?" "Um.... I can't .....um." she said. I said, "You can't see what Alice?" "See Elizabeth anymore." she finished. I dashed into her room to not see her lying there but her window open. Aw shit. I walked back out to everyone. "What happened?" Carlisle asked. I said, "She left through her window." I headed out the front door and got to the line. "Damn it." I mumbled. I started shouting, "Eli, Elizabeth, Eli."

*Elizabeth's POV*
I made it to the packs fault line and was almost out of the woods when I heard, "Eli, Elizabeth, Eli." from my dad. I shouted back, "Not like you care, go back to Nessie and Bella!" I don't consider my mom, my mom anymore so I called her by her first name.

*Edward's POV*
She answered me back, but what I heard hurt me. How does she think no one cares? I care, I'm her father. Ugh this can't be happening. I trudged back to the house. "Did you find her?" Emmett asked. I said, "She crossed the line. She called back to me but wasn't coming back." "What did she say?" Emmett asked. I was going to ask if he really wanted to know, but I could tell he did in his head. "She shouted back 'Not like you care, go back to Nessie and Bella.' She said it like she wished we weren't her family." I said. Alice said, "That's terrible." "Daddy?" I heard. I whipped around to find Nessie rubbing her eyes. "Yeah baby?" I asked. She asked, "Is there blood in Eli's room?" "There shouldn't be." I replied. Nessie said, "When mommy came into my room her hand was a little red with blood." I grabbed Nessie and headed into Eli's room. I flipped on the light and saw a trail of blood from her bed out the door and into the bathroom. I followed it and in the bathroom I saw the gauze out with a stained blood handprint on it. This made no sense. I walked over to Carlisle and asked, "Is it possible for a half vampire child to become fully human?" "What are you talking about Edward?" Alice asked. I said, "Apparently Eli was bleeding." "Yeah there is a trail of blood from her room to the bathroom and on the gauze." Nessie said. Carlisle said, "Well I can't find out if she isn't here." "Maybe if she is human she fled because she didn't want us to feed off of her." Alice said. Bella said, "Ha she is gone. Good she's gonna die tomorrow anyway." "Bella!" we all said together.