Chapter 4 - The Mayirrlan Festival pt. 1

It was a warm, early morning with birds tweeting behind the opened windows and bees flying around, having fun. Nivia's maid - Mary was currently sweeping the floor and cleaning the room of her lady, working hard as usual to keep everything nice and tidy.

-"Good morning!" - Nivia entered the room and greeted her enthusiastically while carrying a cup of fresh water that she was currently drinking.

-"Good morning Your Highness! Did you have a good night's sleep?" - She asked while picking up a book from the shelf, to dust the surface under it.

-"Yes I have! Feels so good being well-rested!" - She brought out her front hooves to stretch her body.

-"I agree. Yesterday was such a tough day to manage. The work was just piling up!" - She gestured with her hooves to show just how much work there was.

Nivia looked at Mary, wondering whether she had a good night as well.

-"What about you? Have you slept well, Mary?" - She took a sip of the water from her cup.

-"Well... after such a long day, full of hard work, I fell onto my bed and fell asleep almost immediately. Somehow I've managed to rest very well, so that's good!" - She said while flipping the duvet from the princess' bed.

-"I am glad!" - She smiled warmly and put the mug on the coffee table in the middle of the room. - "Since you have slept well, would you possibly like to accompany me to a brief meeting on the town square with one of the guests from yesterday's ball? - Nivia put her hair in a quick ponytail to keep it out of her eyes.

-"A guest from the Ball? Which one is it?" - She asked, curious what the mysterious person was.

-"Her name is Charise Rosebud, and from what I saw that day, she differed from all the other people at the party. She seemed to know exactly what I felt and what I wanted to do at the moment. I guess that left me intrigued and wanting to get to know her better!" - She put on some old, plain, brown cape with a hood.

-"Rose... Wasn't that the adventurer girl you had a crush on a few years back and were left heartbroken for a week after finding out she started going out with that dude who accompanied her on the mission to bring the magic back to the land?" - Mary wondered.

-"Uhm, no no! That was Skarlett Rosebush! And no! I was not heartbroken! I just had a lot of things on my mind at the time, that is all..."

-"Yeah, a lot of HER on your mind!" - She laughed - "You sure do have a thing for girls with a 'Rose' surname." - she playfully rolled her eyes.

-"Ughh! Maryyyy!" - She begged for her to stop teasing her.

-"Okay, okayy!" - She chuckled and finally finished tidying up the room. - "Should we go now? I think there's also The Mayirrlan Festival going on there since it's already Monday. We could go there with your mysterious friend if you want." - she gave a proposition.

The Mayirrlan Festival was held every year to celebrate the trumphious victory of the entirety of the unicorn race over the tyrannous rule of the long-extinct pegasus race during the Great Thaidorian War about 600 years ago.
That was when the magic started acting weird, but was only recently fixed.

The festival was created as a way of praising the God of Happiness - Mayirrlan after she took on the role of the person leading the army during the war. The Herish lands - the region where the Sivra city is located, are known for being the region where the people worshiped this God the most. If you worshipped a God, you could always get a blessing from them and people were drawn in by the idea of being blessed with happiness.