Chapter 5 - The Mayirrlan Festival pt. 2 (2/2)

The group approached the stall where they were going to sign up for the game.

-"Hello, sweeties! Are you here for the game?" - The old lady from behind the counter greeted them warmly. She was just taking care of some papers, which were still being held by her magic when she turned around to face the group. From the looks of it, she must have been in her eighties.

-"Heyy Margarett! Yes, we're indeed here for the game. Just like you were saying." - Charise leaned on the counter, trying to look cool in front of everyone.

-" 'Ight, so here are the rules-"
-"No, no! Actually, we already know the rules. But thank you Margarett. Let's just get straight to the point." - Charise cut her off before she could finish saying that sentence.

-"Oh? I don't recognize this one over here though. Is she new to this?" - The old lady pointed at Mary.

-"It's indeed her first time, but we had some free time, so we explained the rules to her on our way here." - Fredrick explained the situation to her. - "I think she got them."

-"Well, if that's the case, it saves me the trouble of explaining." - Margarett smiled. - "These are the flowers you probably already know about. You must choose carefully. Under each of these bowls is hidden a flower associated with one of the Great Spirits of Thaidora themselves. I'd need you to pick one." - She explained.

Charise turned to Nivia - "You can pick it if you want." - She smiled and went out of the way, so she could come closer to the counter.

The cotton-candy-hair-colored mare looked around, trying to make up her mind on which bowl she wanted to choose. Eventually, she placed her hoof on the one on the very left. - "This one please." - She let out quietly. She wanted to make sure that the old lady didn't recognize her, so she kept her voice low and had her hood cover her eyes. She kinda looked like a ninja, but Margarett didn't ask about that, since in her mind, she knew Charise very well and trusted that the anonymous lady posed no threat.

-"Okay, so this one is..." - Margarett took off the bowl. - "...the Mayirrlan flower! What a surprise!" - She put the flower in Charise's hair and turned to Nivia, willing to put it in her hair as well, but she refused.

-"Oh, I can do it myself. Thank you." - Nivia spoke and took the flower with her golden magic. After that, she turned around, taking a few steps away from the place, where Margarett was standing.

The old lady looked at her, confused with her attitude.

-"Umm... uh.. S-she's just shy, don't mind her!" - Charise tried to explain the situation to the old lady, but she was struggling. The red-haired nervously scratched the back of her head and randomly drew the first number from the basket that was standing on the counter. Mary and Fredrick also picked their flowers and a number and after that, the old lady wished the group good luck in the game.
Fredrick and Mary already proceeded to go to their first marked stall, which was not that far away.
As for Charise and Nivia, they still had an issue to resolve, before they could go.

Charise approached Nivia, who was standing a few meters away from Margarett's stall.
-"Are you okay?" - The red-haired asked.

Nivia looked at her. Her eyes were full of anxiety. - "I am alright. You do not have to worry about me. I was just scared that this lady would have realized who I am."

Charise lowered her head to look her in the eyes from underneath her hood. -"Is it really that bad, if people find out about your social status?" - She said to her softly and tilted her head.

-"Yes... If they find out, they will treat me differently and It is sometimes hard to bear." - Nivia looked down. - "I mean... that and other reasons." - She added.