Chapter 2 - The plan pt. 2

Charise closed the tap of the sink after washing her face with fresh water. She was getting ready to go to the Ball since it was about to start in two hours.

The red-haired yawned loudly, before reaching to the cabinet to grab a comb. She gently brushed it through her hair and put it in her usual ponytail hairstyle, since she thought that this style looked the best on her.

-"I hope everything goes as planned..." - she said to herself before going to her wardrobe to look for her suit. It was a black, elegant suit. It contrasted beautifully with the white shirt she was currently wearing.

She looked at herself in the mirror, posing and admiring how gorgeous she looked in her outfit. Although, something was missing.

She took a rose from the vase that was standing on her desk and put it in her pocket.

-"Now, it's perfect!" - she smiled and left to go to the event that was about to take place in the palace.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Stars glimmering in the black sky were almost as bright as the moon that night.

Fredrick was standing near the fountain in front of the palace, waiting for Charise to arrive. But when she did arrive, something caught his attention. And because of that "something", they ended up glaring at each other and thinking the one and same thing...

-"WHY ARE YOU WEARING EXACTLY WHAT I'M WEARING?!"- They both said at the same time, looking at each other's outfits.

-"Don't ask me! Naturally, I'd wear my black suit for an occasion like this, but why are YOU wearing one as well? You're the one who's a woman here, you know? Shouldn't you have come here wearing a dress or something?"- The green-eyed asked, expecting an explanation.

-"I'm sorry, but I'll wear whatever I want. I don't need you to tell me what I can or cannot wear."- Charise replied - "Besides, I look way better in this outfit than you." - she gloated.

-"Yeah yeah, whatever you say Miss lady-guy" - he rolled his eyes and then turned around to face the palace. - "Should we go in?" - he asked.

-"I suppose we should... but..." - she started whispering - "How would they even steal it? What's the plan?" - she asked. She was curious since the boss didn't find time to tell every individual member about the whole plan. He only said it to the ones who'll be actively participating in it.

-"Honestly, I don't know either. I only know that they're gonna climb up that tower and steal it, but I don't know how and what they'll do about the guards patrolling the place. I know these guys. They're good at being quiet and sneaky, but their downside is that they can't fight or know how to hide their motives smartly as I do" - The black-haired answered.

-"And that's why we're the best duo out of all of them" - she chuckled - "You've got your brains and know how to talk with people and I am good at fighting and robbing them."

-"You've got a point there." - he smiled at her.

-"Alright, let's go to this party and dance the night away buddy!" - She ran in front of Fredrick - "Come on! You're as slow as a turtle!" - She turned around and laughed at him.

-"Coming!" - He caught up to her and they were laughing together as crickets and owls started making their noises louder, indicating, that the late hour had officially arrived. The party has begun.
.
.
.
As Fredrick and Charise stepped into the gorgeous building, they were immediately greeted by the unicorns from the staff, who were standing there, welcoming new guests and taking ladies' jackets.

One of them even wanted to take Charise's jacket, but she kindly refused. She didn't want to bring to herself too much attention from these guys, but unfortunately, one of them came to her and asked a question.