Part 2.

Since the very childhood, I'm very bad at apologizing. More precisely, I can't at all. For as long as I can remember, I was always blushing and I couldn't get a word out. When i was a teenager, I didn't want to admit anything. However, this is probably the way most children do during this period. Maybe I just have prolonged period? Anyway, now I know a great way to make amends, so on the way to the hospital I had to visit a couple of shops. I opened the door with the help of my elbow.

— Shinohara-san, — I'm bowing and ask immediately: — How do you feel?

— Get to the chase? _ The mentor laughs and placing his hand on the chair next to the bed. — I'm okay. Shika, you don't have to worry.

— But I do, — I'm opposing quietly and sit down.

— You'll get used to it. — Shinohara-san claims, smiling. —  Investigators' life is in danger all yhe time. Have you managed to get something from my camera?

Changing subject? Or does he truly think i could get some information from those little pieces?

— No, tye equipment is damaged completely. — i convey, not trying to hide sadness in my voice. — We pulled the image from Amon-san's camera, so don't worry. We have pictures of the ghoul you fought with. I've already entered him into the database and made all the necessary notes. As soon as you get back, we'll check it out and if I missed something, we'll add it.

— Good job. — mentor nodes and his gaze's slowly becoming curious.

— You know, — i state, sighing.

— I had dozen visitors today, — he cautiously says. — Rumors are spreading too fast, you know it.

— Definitely.

— Shika, i understand that you care. Juuzou is a troubled kid, but...

— Shinohara-san. — I look at him gloomy.
— Troubled kid implies when a thirteen-year-old kid steals money from his mother's wallet or carries cigarettes from his father. Or both, it doesn't matter. Don't worry, you're not allowed. I know I went too far, and I'm going to apologize.

— You... What?

Shinohara-san looks at me surprisingly. He expected another answer for sure.

— I have bought him sweets. And also pencils and an album, because the last time he painte... He painted his picture on my finished, printed and unsaved report.

Mentor nervously laughs, I try to squeeze out a smile. Judging by the look on his face, it is rather crooked. Still, three hours of work.

— I repeat, don't worry. Someone just made me see things differently.

— Who?

— By the way, I've brought you some cookies. — I hurriedly take out a bright box from the bag. I wanted to bake something by myself at first, but then I thought that you had been hurt.

Shinohara-san smiles, and this time, me too. How could i even think about transferring to another group? No. If this job implies me going to Juuzou, so it's worth it. As long as I don't have to sew a cross on myself, I think I can handle other things.

— Juuzou really just wants attention. He had a very difficult childhood, and it affected him. He's not trying to hurt you intentionally, he just can't otherwise. Just try to be friends with him, — The mentor says, reading my thoughts. — He deserves to get a chance.

— Promise, — i reply firmly, bowing respectfully.

— Okay. — Shinohara-san nods.

Apparently, the answer satisfied him. But I have the feeling that I've just signed the sentence to my nerve cells.