Part 7

I am still mumbling everything I think about my teammates, whilst rummaging in a wardrobe for some clothes. Tetsuo and Juuzou's parameters are absolutely differ from each other. There is gotta be a tracksuit somewhere here that is not big enough for my boyfriend. My acquisition, yeah, who would doubt it. Nevertheless, even if it is not here, I am definitely not gonna let Juuzou lie on my couch in his bloody clothes. I remember having a nice pink T-shirt somewhere, just in case.

The suit is still there and the sinister plans are not going to come true, so I take it and go to the bathroom. Suzuya is enthusiastically rummaging through my creams and sincerely wondering why he needs to change. In the end, he refuses the argument, but, still takes the suit. Finally, being a winner, I go to make the coach, but on my way there I recall that I forgot to ask about dinner. Maybe he’s hungry?

Although, why do I care? Juuzou went to my house unbidden. He should thank me that I did not kick him out. Yeah, that is right.

Cursing my weakness, I come back. However, I can not go to the bathroom, I freeze a meter away from it. The door is wide open, and I can see a thin pale back, covered in scars. I turn around abruptly and almost run into the living room. There are still scars in front of my eyes. Who is he? And what? And... The noise of water brings me to my senses. Why am I so surprised? It had long been clear that something bad had happened to Suzui in the past, as had happened to many of us. Why did I react this way to his scars?

Because they do not seem like they have been left by Ghoul. Well, it is none of my business. I should not have seen them. Remember my curiosity.. I have not forgotten Grandma's words.

By the time I finish, Juuzou is standing on the doorstep of the living room. I am looking at him skeptically. His costume is oversized and because it is completely black, Suzuya’s ordinary paleness becomes extremely painful. Thinking for a second, I help him roll his pants and sleeves up. Looks even worse, but it is all right. All this time, I have been stuck with some stupid awkwardness because I saw something he was not about to show me. I do not look him in the eyes even when I tell him I should wash his clothes, because going to the meeting tomorrow in these clothes is indeed a bad idea.

— I need to take some knives. — Juuzou says reluctantly and I look at him unconsciously. Knives?

After a few minutes, we stand near my coffee table, where a bunch of quince «Scorpion» lies. An awkwardness between us has just vanished. Because of the admiration, no other way.

— Do you always carry them around?

My voice sounds almost careless, bravo.

— Who knows whom I will meet. — says Suzuya, shrugging his shoulders.

If I were a ghoul, I would have printed out his pictures and hung them around the local hideouts. In order to get away when he’s on the horizon.

— You are...very thoughtful. — I still manage to say it aloud, although my tongue revolves completely different words.

Juuzou is smiling quite a bit. Let's get this straight. I let him spend the night in my apartment in completely sober state. A guy, who carries an arsenal of knives. I think I have just disobeyed my survival instinct and stopped being afraid of Suzuya. Bad, dreadful.

I have decided not to take sleeping pills tonight. The feeling of Juuzou's presence in the next room is not pleasant, but I manage to suppress the anxiety pretty quickly. In fact, he will not attack me. What a stupidity. We work together, and the relationship seems better now. But I will not take pills anyway. At least I do not lock the bedroom door either. If someone like Suzuya wants to hurt someone like me, locks will not stop him.