Memories and Hope

Kunikida had a tea garden, which was about two acres. Its environment was very good. The pups were in full swing after getting off the car. However, sitting in the car for too long, they felt dizzy and their legs went soft so that they could not control themselves and directly fell into the lake beside the tea garden. Dazai laughed at the disaster.

Chuuya was still asleep. The pouches under his eyes, covered by his long eyelashes, were heavy because of a bad sleep for a long time. Dazai bent over and carefully held Chuuya up horizontally. Although he acted especially lightly, Chuuya woke up immediately. "Don't move around," Dazai held him tighter and laughed, "or you'll fall."

Chuuya felt a bit embarrassed for they were too close to each other. He struggled to get out of Dazai's arms but failed, "... I can walk myself." Dazai glanced aside and saw that the wet dog had already run over, "When you come down, it will pounce on you." Dazai kept walking and said, "I'll hold you to have a good rest and bring those kittens in later."

Dazai was also tired. He drove for more than 20 hours intermittently. Chuuya did not want to trouble him more. So he agreed. The weather was wet, and the quilts were not as warm and soft as those in the north after being aired under the sunshine. Dazai had made someone change all quilts for new ones. Dazai pulled the quilt over Chuuya and said, "Sleep for a while. I'll invite you to eat wine-steeped shrimp at a famous restaurant for lunch."

"Dazai, I'm sorry to trouble you so much."

"When my friends visit me, I also treat them like this. Stop thinking too much. I also need sleep for a while. Don't say anything that makes me sober anymore." Dazai evaded the topic and pretended to be extremely fatigued. It was common for a detective to handle a case continuously for more than 10 hours. Dazai was good both in spirit and physique. He was just trying to reassure Chuuya. It was not a problem to let him drive continuously.

Dazai called his acquaintance as soon as he left the bedroom. All arrangements were in place. He had used up all his resources to find the proper information that matched with Chuuya's needs. Although it was a little late. Dazai shut the dog out of the door and slept peacefully for five or six hours. He did not realize that it was so cold that he was awakened by the coldness.

The cold and damp could be felt only after a long time staying. He stood up to wash his face. He was wondering where he could buy an electric heater for Chuuya. Dazai was more meticulous than ordinary people. Besides, he loved Chuuya so deeply that he could give him the whole world. He wished that he could think of everything in advance right away, and then Chuuya would not suffer any grievance.

Chuuya was awake. He slept drowsily a lot on the way here. He had a short rest. He had been thinking about helping Dazai clean up the house unoccupied for a long time. However, it was surprisingly clean. So Chuuya went out for a walk. The view and environment were so nice that the air was fresh and sweet, temperate and humid. All was the same as deep in the memory, even clearer and brighter.