Chapter 18: Owe Me

AERO's POV

I chose the address where Ben was.

His eyes were closed as his body sat up against the far wall. Blood dripped down from the side of his head and his hands and feet were wrapped up in duct tape.

"Ben?" I said in almost a whisper.

I jogged quickly over to him and knelt down beside him. His messy hair had fallen slightly in front of his face and his eyes fluttered like he was dreaming.

"Ben! I said louder this time and shook his arm.

On cue, his eyes shot up and his entire body flinched as I scared him awake.

"It's okay, you're okay!" I tried to calm him down. "What happened?"

He slowed his breathing and answered, "You- you texted me to meet you!"

"What?" I asked baffled.

"You asked if we could talk and then texted me this address only you weren't here...it was your father...is he still here?" He darted his eyes around the room and clenched his body.

I also looked around feeling paranoid.

"I didn't see him..." I hesitantly answered.

But if he's not here...

Thomas.

I sunk down in frustration.

"Are you here to help or?" Ben waved his taped hands around.

"Yes sorry!" I said snapping out of it.

I looked for the end of the tape and began to try and unravel it. After two quick tugs, it finally began to loosen enough so he could just break his hands apart. He proceeded to undo the tape on his legs.

"Are you okay? What did he say to you?" I asked curiously.

Ben touched his fingers to the gash on his head and flinched.

"Uh," he began slowly. "I remember him yelling surprise...and then...well..."

"What?" I asked almost interrupting him. His eyes were getting wider and he looked suspicious.

"He said...that he knew you'd end up choosing me," He finished clearing his throat awkwardly.

My stomach turned again. I was so sick of this man trying to destroy me. I just wanted this all to be over.

That's when the panic and worry hit me again. Thomas was in danger.

I whipped out my phone and tried calling Blake but there was no answer.

"Fuck!" I screamed out of frustration.

He knew that even by chance I would choose Ben? Of course, he did.

Not only did I put Thomas in danger, but I also put Blake in danger.

BLAKE's POV

"Are you alright?" I asked rushing to him.

After I found the abandoned factory building in the middle of town it took me a couple of minutes to find the room Thomas was in.

When I found him he had a big bruise on the side of his face with his hands and feet tied up. He sat very still and the look of shock and confusion in his eyes made my heart flutter a wee bit.

I immediately began to rip the tape from his hands. His eyes were bright red like he had been crying.

"I- you were the last person I expected to see here," he said laughing a little.