Chapter No # 11

Chapter No # 11

In Laxmi Nagar
In Dixit’s House
Dixit house was constructed on 260 square. Meters. It was a little away, approximately 10 minutes drive from Madhu’s chawl. 

Right now, in the TV lounge, Mr and Mrs Dixit are waiting for their son as they couldn’t get in touch with him since the last day. After having a late morning argument, Mukund left the house. And as per Suhasi, Mukund’s younger sister, He had come very late last night, and his head was wrapped in bandage, indicating the wound must be fresh. And now, without meeting the family, he left the early in the morning and hasn’t got back again. They are feeling worried.

Soon, they heard footsteps coming and going somewhere. Mr & Mrs Dixit raised their heads and saw it was none other than Mukund who, after coming from somewhere, was going to his bedroom. And then Mr. Dixit took Mukund’s name, making him stop in his tracks. But Mukund didn’t turn towards them. And then Mrs. Dixit softly asked him what is all this, and They heard from Suhasi about his forhead wound. Then asked about his wound and asked him is he okay to which Mukund bitterly chuckled. Turning his head towards his parents and continue to chuckle.

Mukund: Tujhe meri fikar kabse hogayi Aayi?

[Mukund: Since when did you start to think or care about me?]

(Then Mukund pretends to think and says.)

Mukund: Oh Acha ab samj aya Suhasi ne btaya hoga na Meri chot keh barema toh tunay socha hoga keh kyun na usey bhi paise liye jayain. Hai na Aayi? Yeh hi baat hai na? Kyuke tunay kabhi apne bacho keh Dard keh barema socha nahi. Hamesha paise keh barema socha. Hospital main bhi tunay apnay Bache se zyada paiso ko ahmiyat di. Toh Mere samne apna Pyaar ka natak karna band karde.

[Mukund: Oh, now I get it, Suhasi told you about Fresh wound on my forhead so you would have thought why not blackmail him for the money. Am I right Maa? This is what you intend to do? Because you have never thought about Your own Children’s pain. Always thought about money. In the hospital too, instead of giving importance to your own child, you paid attention to money. So don’t pretend in front of me that you love me.]

(Saying this bitterly, Mukund was about to walk from there. Meanwhile Mukund’s words to Shubhungi Dixit made her eyes teary, and Mr. Dixit, seeing their Son ill-mannered of their son, shouted at him, but it went to deaf ears, and Mukund was about to go from there that he heard something.)

Mr. Dixit: Tum itne badtameez hojahoge yeh mene kabhi nahi socha tha. Aur yeh btaho tumne kaise Hospital Bill keh paise barhe?

[Mr. Dixit: I never knew you would become this ill-mannered. And tell me how did you pay the hospital bills?]

(Saying this, Mukund remembered what he had been seeing in hospital and how his mother signed the fake documents on his behalf that Superstar RK wasn’t in any way responsible for his accident. He was the sole responsible and he was so sorry for blaming Superstar RK. All this made him so upset that he himself told Dr to prepare his discharge and don’t tell his parents about it and he himself will pay the Hospital bills. But after getting discharge when he reached to pay the hospital bill, he was shocked to know it was already paid. He asked did his parents paid the bill but they clearly refused. Mukund insisted on knowing and then he was told it was a girl with curly hair. Mentioning the girl, he knew it was Madhubala. Then the receptionist told him she wanted her identity to be secret so please don’t mention it to that person. Nodding, Mukund didn’t ask Madhu for once because by now he knew how Madhu is, She won’t accept the money back. He vowed himself that in return whenever She needed his help he would be there to help her but little he knew, he promised, his vow would be futile because no matter how much he wanted he won’t be there with her.