★ | prologue • bet

★ | prologue • bet"you're so delusional

★ | prologue • bet
"you're so delusional."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

cruel summer taylor swift
"no rules in breakable heaven."

_________

SIM Jaeyun knew it was wrong. immature to be betting about something so foolish. He felt like he was a middle school boy, as he walked alongside his best friend down the street, the hot summer air fanning against his tan skin.

As a string of curses sounded out in his mind, he knew as much as he hated the situation he was in, he wouldn't back down. That was his own fault, as he one hundred percent has control in saying what he is and isn't going to do.

But, the constant teasing he received from none other than Park Sunghoon was enough to push him over the edge as he agreed to the immature bet; to make someone fall for him in a short timespan.

As much as he was against the idea, Sim Jaeyun couldn't help but want to prove his friend wrong. To be able to consistently tease him after he won the bet with no end. To receive that $300 promised if so.

Betting such money was something Park Sunghoon would only ever do if he was for certain he was to win. Even whilst being quite wealthy, he didn't like to throw money around uselessly unless he was confident about something.

“Where are we going?” Jake questioned, eyes narrowed as Sunghoon smiled teasingly his way.  “To find someone who has to put up with you.”

“Why do you get to choose?” The older huffed out, raising a brow curiously as Sunghoon shrugged slightly. “To make sure you don't cheat and pick someone who is already interested in you.”

“Why would I cheat at something that I'm so obviously going to win fairly?” Jake laughed, rolling his eyes.

“Because you're you.” Sunghoon shrugged, brushing his fingers through his dark locks as Jake could only scoff.

“Mhm, whatever.” He grumbled, a small breath leaving his lips as his eyes wandered around. Soon enough, Sunghoon came to a stop, leading Jake to stop along with him.

“Here,” Sunghoon said, gesturing to the small shop they had stopped by. Jake raised his brows, crossing his arms over his chest as he read the sticker pressed onto the window.

Fine flowers on your fine day.” Jake read out on a mumble, accent strong as he pursed his lips and nodded his head. “Fancy.” He let out, turning his head to look at his friend who rolled his eyes playfully.

“Stop focusing on random stickers and maybe focus on what's inside? That girl. Go talk to her.” The boy gestured inside the flower shop, as Jake narrowed his eyes, turning to look at the girl on the other side of the glass, seemingly focused on a book as she sat up on a stool, sipping away at an iced tea.

“Why her?” Jake tilted his head.

“Why not? She's like.. the first young looking person we've seen so far. Unless you'd rather be set up with some random middle aged, single lady.” Sunghoon huffed, raising a brow.

“What? Ew, no.” Jake grimaced, shaking his head.

“So, go talk to that girl then.” Sunghoon repeated, rolling his eyes as Jake shook his head, looking inside the shop. “Not right now.”

“Why?” Sunghoon questioned, smiling teasingly. “You scared?”

“No. Maybe open your eyes, and you'd see that she's literally busy. She's helping people right now. I'm not just going to waltz my way in there and interrupt her work to talk to her. She'd be annoyed.” Jake explained himself, brushing it off.

“Besides, Heeseung and Haneul invited all of us to hang out at their place. You wanna be late and end up getting no pizza because Riki would've eaten it all by the time we got there?” He added, raising a brow.

“Okay, fine. But you're coming back tomorrow.” Sunghoon agreed, beginning to walk as Jake followed suit. “I will. I just hope she'll actually be there. Shifts can change.”

“If she's not there, then come back another day.” Sunghoon murmured, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

“I will. But, I expect you to have your money ready. Who's to say she won't fall for me on the first try?” Jake smirked, brows raised teasingly as Sunghoon grumbled, shaking his head.

“You're so delusional.” He sighed out, earning an eye roll.

___________

★﹐authors corner .﹗﹑ 0.8k words
short, but it's excusable as it's only a prologue!
both nervous and excited to be writing the book :')
hoping i'll actually pull this one off and not be unhappy with my work like last time lmao

with that being said, i hope you all enjoy this
story! thank you so much for choosing to read this. it means so much to me <3

anyway, orange blood came out an hour ago (when i'm writing this) and i'm not okay oh my god? it's sososo good. personally, still monster is my favorite alongside orange flower!!

soso proud of enhypen :') <3
november 17th, 12:32am - 2023.
not proofread.