★ | #01 | flower shop

★ | #01 | flower shop"i wish it was that easy

| #01 | flower shop
"i wish it was that easy."

.𖥔 ݁ ˖ nicole's radio station
is now playing...

end of beginning • djo
"i wave goodbye to the end of beginning."

______________

THE summer day was spent between the four walls of the small flower shop, sitting beside her cousin, and best friend as they caught up in each other's lives whilst sipping on glasses of iced tea Jang Wonyoung had picked up on the way there.

It was a slow work day, not having very many customers which left a lot of room for relaxation, not having much to do other than water the flowers, and make sure they were all getting the correct amount of sunshine needed. Not too much, nor too little.

"You know, I have a shoot in an hour. I should be leaving right now but I really don't want to." Wonyoung confessed, a laugh falling past her full lips as Seonmi raised a brow.

"As flattered as I am to know that you love me that much, I don't want to be responsible when your manager calls and you get in trouble for being late." The girl pointed out, lips pressed together in a thin line.

"I don't really care if I get in trouble at this point, honestly. I love my job, but it's gotten to the point that it's ridiculous, what my management team is scheduling me for. It's event after event, and photoshoot after photoshoot." The younger girl rolled her eyes slightly, sipping from her iced tea.

"Fire them. Get a new manager. I don't know how those things work." Seonmi suggested, shrugging her shoulders slightly to which Wonyoung chuckled.

"I wish it was that easy." The girl murmured, clicking her tongue before she straightened her posture, fingers reaching up to run through her long, brown hair. "It'd take me ages to find a new manager."

"But, I think I will get a new one at some point. Just now right now. I'll wait until I have a free schedule, and I'm not booked every day of the week. That way I actually have time to process things." She explained, earning a nod.

"Mhm. Got it. And hey, call me if you need any help. I have absolutely no idea what to do, but I'll be there with snacks and emotional support." Seonmi offered, as a smile curved onto Wonyoung's lips and she nodded.

"Right, got it. You better be free when I need you." The younger narrowed her eyes, pointing a finger Seonmi's way teasingly as the older girl scoffed.

"I don't think that's anything you need to worry about, honestly. Worst case scenario, it's busy here and it's my shift. But, I could just have Soobin cover for me. He owes me, anyway." Seonmi pointed out with a snicker.

"Hmm, alright." Wonyoung hummed, smiling gently as she nodded her head before letting a sigh fall from her lips. "Well, I should get going." She said, pursing her lips.

Seonmi nodded her head quietly, pushing herself up from her seat as she wandered to give her cousin a hug, one Wonyoung happily returned.

"Okay, okay. Good luck." Seonmi smiled, pulling away from the hug as Wonyoung hummed and nodded happily.

"Thank you. I'll text you later. You better respond!" Wonyoung called out jokingly as she walked towards the exit of the building, looking back at Seonmi, who laughed and nodded.

"I will!" Seonmi replied, waving the girl goodbye before she sighed quietly, left alone in the quiet shop.

Her feet carried her through the rows of flowers, now officially having nothing to do as it was a rather slow day. Her eyes skimmed over the flowers on display, humming softly along to a song that seemed stuck in her head at the time.

After a moment of silence, the soft and familiar chime of the bell rang through the building, as she perked up, brows rising as she walked to the front of the shop, expecting to see Wonyoung after assuming she might've forgotten one of her things here, and came back to retrieve it.

Only, was she met by the sight of a boy. His brown hair tousled ever so slightly as he adjusted the hem of the white T-shirt he wore, with an embroidered sunflower on the front of it.

Upon realizing it was a customer, Seonmi adjusted her posture, quickly taking her position behind the counter to the left of her as her eyes trained on the boy, feeling a bit awkward due to the quiet of the building.

He seemed to have looked around a bit, before wandering up to the front counter, a gentle and friendly voice sounding out a question as she blinked and raised her brows.

_________________

★﹐authors corner .﹗﹑0.9k words
it's officially cruel summer season! excited to get back to working on the ditto series after so long omg ?? it's genuinely been ages since i've last written anything for the ditto series </3

anyway, thank you all for reading omgomg? 🥲 means so much. i especially am grateful for your patience.

i published the introduction to this a few months ago, but i didn't want to start releasing chapters until i was completed with a different book of mine - lover.

solely due to how unbalanced i can get when it comes to writing, and it can cause me to be very unmotivated to write for all of my ongoing works which will soon lead to slow updates 😭

but, now that lover is finished, i look forward to starting a brand new journey with this fanfic, and i'm excited for you all to join me <3

once again thank you for reading. i love you all so much! take care of yourselves my loves <3
march 1st, 2024 — 6:14pm.
not proofread.