one

Lauren's POV

I boarded my flight to the x factor auditions, feeling a nervous excitement in my veins. The flight seemed to pass by within seconds it seemed, and before I knew it, I was being called for my audition.

The auditorium was silent for the only thing I heard was the thumping of my heart and the sound of of my shoes on the hard floor.
It was kinda weird seeing world known celebrities in front of your freaking face, but I tried playing my cool until simon spoke up.

"Hi, how are you?"

"Hello, good thank you." I said with a nervous laugh, but tried to hide it with a toothy grin.

"And what's your name?"

"My name is lauren."

"Lauren.."

"Jauregui."

"Okay, and where are you from lauren?"

Man, if I wasn't in front of so many people I would probably pee my pants right now..I'm so fucking nervous.

"I'm from Miami Florida."

"Okay..how old are you lauren?"

"I'm 16, just turned 16 yes." I looked away for a brief moment, trying to recollect myself.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you."

Then he asked me..

"Why are you here lauren?"

My dream. Ever since I was little.

"I'm here to pursue my dreams, to become who I've always wanted to be."

"And what are you going to sing?"

"'If I ain't got you' by Alicia Keys"

I had been practicing it over and over again..I knew this song. I can do this. You can do this jauregui.

"Great." He said nodding his head in approval.

Everyone applauded and it soon died down as the music started. My heart was beating irratically but I had to step up. My dream, everything I've ever hoped for was all at stake. Taking a deep breath, I started to sing.

Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what's within
And I've been there before
But that life's a bore
So full of the superficial

Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you, baby
If I ain't got you, baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, yeah

I smiled brightly at myself for not fucking it up and I hoped I sounded good enough for the judges.

"Wow, lauren and that it's how you do it."

Hearing all the other judges positive feedback meant the world to me.

"Well lauren, you know that I liked to be surprised and you really, really surprised me. I mean the maturity of your voice for 16, and your tone, everything about you, one of my favorite auditions, great."

"Thank you so much."

Jauregui, you better not cry. No I will not allow this to happen. I just couldn't wipe this stupid grin off my face.

"Okay, now we have to vote."

Four yes's

I was freaking out, I walked off stage and as soon as I passed that curtian, I was screaming and throwing my hands up in the air.
I ran to my family and gave my dad a bear hug and by then I was crying a river.

"Did you hear what they said? Oh my god you don't understand I was just like huuuh what. It was so amazing, I'm so happy."

------

Hey guys! Umm this is my first fanfic on camren..ugh this Fandom has become my life omf. This is chapter one and I hoped you guys liked it. Feedback is great so gimme summa dat. Thank you guys so much for reading. I might just start the next chapter rn..I have nothing else to do so yeah. Ily guys so much
-Trin