Chapter 7: The Incident

——————————————
[2nd Person POV]
——————————————

You and BEN talked for days, you even shared to him about your friends passing and he told you that he felt sorry for you. Everything was going out just fine, or so you thought.

After the burial, you finally went back to your place. You were fixing yourself after crying during the burial. As you sat down, you heard a buzz through your phone. You knew who it was and excitedly picked up your phone.

It was a text from BEN, it reads "Wanna call?"

You replied back with a "Sure!" and then your phone starts to ring. You picked it up.

——————————————————————————
[Call with BEN]
——————————————————————————

BEN : "Hey Y/N! How are you holding up?"

[Y/N] : "Good I suppose... I really couldn't hold my tears during the burial haha"

BEN : "I'm very sorry for your loss. You have my condolences."

[Y/N] : "Thank you, Ben."

[Y/N] : "I don't want to be a burdensome to you, so let's change the topic hm?"

BEN : "Nonsense! You're not really a burdensome to me! You're very fun to talk to..."

[Y/N] : "Aw, thanks, Ben."

You felt a smile forming to your face.

[Y/N] : "But it's best if we changed the topic haha"

BEN : "Haha, ok ok, yeah, let's"

BEN : "I'll start. Have you uhmm, played any videogames by any chance?"

[Y/N] : "I used to play Nintendo switch with my sister when I used to live at my parents house still."

BEN brightened up when he heard that you also play on Nintendo switch.

BEN : "What do you play on it?"

[Y/N] : "Just the usual stuff. Mario Party, Mario Kart, Overcooked, Arms, and many more."

BEN : "Neat! I also play those games. Hopefully I get to play some with you."

[Y/N] : "Haha, soon I suppose. If you ever plan on getting to meet."

BEN paused for a minute, he felt uneasy with what you've said.

BEN : "Haha, right yeah.."

Something with his reply made you feel a bit worried.

[Y/N] : "Are you alright Ben?"

BEN : "I'm fine... Look, I have other stuffs to do right now, a duty to finish. I'll uhm, talk to you later I guess."

[Y/N] : "Oh uhm, okay! It's always nice to have a call with you Ben. I'll talk to you later then!"

BEN : "Mhm.."