Chapter 12: Confused 2

——————————————
[2nd Person]
——————————————

You jumped in surprise to see Mr. Slenderman right behind you. He was indulged how you reacted so fast

"What sharp senses you have my child." He praised you as he went next to you and leaned against the terrace. You just fixed your posture and did the same, facing the view of the woods. "I know how you feel, and it's quite understandable." He said, you looked up at him, listening. "I know how unbearable that anger can be, seeking for vengeance to those who wronged you." You grunt upon hearing those words.

"And you know I'm talking about BEN Drowned and Jeff The Killer here." You just stared at him, and looked down at the woods. "I apologize for what my disciples has done to you and your loved ones." You just gripped onto the railings. "For that, not only I'll give my condolences to you and your family, but I'll also give you a better life that you could ever ask for." Your face shadowed as you looked down. "I never asked for anything." The Slenderman looked at you.

"All I asked was to see my parents again. My sister." You said as you felt a lump on your throat. "I know my child, I understand. Losing someone you love is hard and devastating. But here in this mansion, I could give you a better life and the time in the world to heal your wounds and make YOU a better you." He exclaimed.

"I can give you the chance to kill the murderer of you family. But I know that you know better than that. It could let the others turn against you. You could end up in a messy situation if you did."

"I don't mind getting killed if I finally got revenge for my family. But—" You hesitated. "But?" The Slenderman repeated. You couldn't reply.

...

He broke the silence. "Ending your life could be a waste, think about how your family wanted you to live on a happy and steady life without them. And think about your friend, they might be in guilt because they pushed you into this mess, their spirit won't rest until you've reached your happiness. Don't forget about your friend Nina, you've built such a great bond with her during your stay here, and it's quite uncommon of her to warm up to someone that quick. She would be devastated if she sees you driving yourself into a suicidal mission like that." You looked straight at the Slenderman as he 'stared' right back. "You're saying this as if you want to earn my respect to you Mr. Slenderman." He tensed up a bit upon hearing your words. "Do you need something from me?" You seethed.

You drove the Slenderman right into the corner. He sighed in defeat. "Impressive, young [Y/N]." He stood up straight and faced to you with his body, hands behind his back. "But it's not something I need, I just want for you to serve as my proxy... Upon seeing your skills and capability, I see how you're fit into serving me well. That's why I took you in..." He divuldged.

'I'm sorry.. Proxy?? As in like, a servant???' You thought to yourself. "Something like that I suppose." You jumped to his reply, you didn't even say anything as if like... He read your mind?? Did he read your mind??? You panicked as you thought.

He let out a deep sigh, as he pinched his 'nose bridge'. "Just to clear things out for you. I could commicate telephatically, so there's a possible chance of me to do mind readings, make sense?" You muttered out a small 'oh' as he exclaimed. "I acknowledge your strength [Y/N], I wouldn't let that go to waste. Although being a proxy is optional, so it's up for you to choose. Although you're never getting out of here after witnessing all our presence." Your face furrowed.

"Why me though? At of all, to be frank..."

"I'm just preventing you to get in the hands of the SCP Foundation, judging by your capability... You have something in you that might catch their attention. You could say that I'm protecting you from them." He exclaimed.

'SCP Foundation? What's that?' But ofcourse, the Slenderman read your mind and answered your question.

"It's a corp that catches monsters and freaks like us... To experiment." You got offended with his words. "I'm not a monster..?" You said. "Not yet you aren't." He said.

'The fuck? Was he trying to play offense and push my buttons?' You thought to yourself. He sighed one more time.

"I know how ruthless my words could be. But I'm telling the truth." "That I'm a monster?" You backed up. "There's something special that you have, though you haven't figured it out yet. That's why I'm here to help you find out." He declared. "I don't get what you mean by that Mr. Slendy..." You felt uneasy with this whole conversation.

"Soon." He said. "You'll find out. Only on the right time." He walked out leaving you behind, confused, you looked up at the sky and went deep onto your thoughts.

'Soon? The fuck do I have? Superpowers????'