Chapter 5

Rollie laughed holding his stomach and Christie shakes her head slowly while I stare at him. "You are really weird Ethan," Rollie said in between his laughs.

   "What, I haven't done anything," I asked.

   "Then what did you mean by 'Double choco triple pea I don't like caramel tea'," Liam said and yawned.

   "I said that? I don't remember anything like that," I said and Rollie continued laughing. I narrowed my eyes and stared at him in hopes to make his mouth shut however it was no use. Then I turned my gaze towards Emily sitting on the grass and hugging her knees. I didn't notice when Christie moved from our group and walked towards her. I joined her and sat beside Emily.

   Christie looks at Emily pursing her lips. Concern in her eyes was visible. "Emily, I know what happened. The scene must be scary right?" Christie asked Emily. Emily nodded and stayed quiet.

   "See the flowers around you. You love them right," Christie continued and Emily hummed in response. Christie's words were a mystery. No one knows how but her voice was so soothing that whoever listens to it they get mesmerized. It was always calming so I left the current situation to her.

   "You love flowers, that's why I brought you here. To make your day special because we all care about you," Christie's words were affecting and Emily was looking at her. Christie was looking at the sky and her hair floated in the air. "School is boring without you, especially with these boys. They sucks," she said and stuck out her tongue at me.

   Emily chuckled and said, "Sure they sucks." I smiled too, noticing Emily getting comfortable and smiling again. As Emily was laughing someone threw a ball at her and we heard both Rollie and Liam laughing. Emily grabbed the ball and rushed towards Rollie and Liam. I smiled looking at them all happy and cheerful.

   "Want to go for a walk," Christie asked while staring at the sky.

"Sure," I said and stood up and offered my hand to Christie. She took my hand and stood up and we both shook off the dust from our dresses. Christie moved ahead of me and I followed her behind. She looks so beautiful while moving and I admire every bit of her- the way she moves, the way she turns, the way she smiles, the way she talks. "Ethan, you okay," Christie snapped and waved her hand in front of me.

   "Hmm, yeah. What were you talking about," I asked and rubbed the back of my neck.

She sighed, "I knew you weren't listening to me. I was asking where would you like to go?"

   "I don't know. You decide," I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay then I know a place and we'll have coffee," she said and turned around.

   "Christie," I called out to her and she turned and looked at me and waited for my response. "Thank you for that day... if only you were not there I don't know if I would have been able to tolerate all of that... not only that you even try to help Emily and others to clear their mind off that day. I can't thank you enough," I let all my thoughts go.

   "You're welcome. However I don't find the need to thank me for helping my friend," she said and smiled.

   As she was saying I saw a girl with sharp features and siren eyes. She was wearing black dress and on top of that she had a maroon coat. She passed by us and I turned my head towards Christie as she spoke up.

   "By the way there is something I want to tell you Ethan... I feel something different about you... I won't say you are different or special. Neither will I say that you made me feel special. You are a human just like others however I feel like you are meant to be destined with me. That's how I feel our connection is like; the red thread of fate... My love for you is the only feeling that can never be described in words. It's so vast you can't find its end," She chuckled, "I think I can be a good poetess, don't you think like that."