Chapter 1

You never know what's real or fake and I failed to guess that part. That's why I'm stuck here in my life. 

   I stand trembling on the terrace. Dark sky with mountains of black clouds surrounds me. The sound of thunder striking near the terrace and the bursting of clouds was all I can hear. The smell of sweet soil and threat covers me. Sweat drops down from my forehead. 

"Did you bring what I asked you to," Steve said. He was fair and have black hair with green eyes and a tattoo of dragon from his wrist to his elbow. He had muscular structure and was the most famous among girls.

   "I-I to-told you that I can't deal drugs," words came out of my shaking lips. 

"You can't what? You try to ignore Steve's order," the tallest of all the guys surrounding me said. Jake the delinquent and the right hand of Steve. He punched me hard on my face and I fall to the ground. 

  They all started to hit me one by one. Steve leans on the wall and smoke his cigarette. He watched me with a smirk.

   Jake kick me hard on my stomach and I let out groan and hold my stomach but then someone else hit me on my face. After some more hit Steve comes towards me and crouch down. He get hold of my hair and make me face him. "Next time remember to do what I say. I don't give a damn how you get those drugs." And he throws me on the floor.

   I saw the blur image of Steve walking towards the door and others following him. They all laughed but I couldn't get what they were saying. I was tired and was about to pass. The clouds above me rumbles and a drop of rain falls on my face. Were they crying for me? Why does it have to be me? I haven't done anything wrong to anyone.

   After some drops of water fell on my face everything turns black. When I opened my eyes and the sun was about to set. The school is already over, I guess I passed away. I crawl till I reach the wall and slowly get up from the floor taking the support of it. I was still holding my stomach and somehow made it to the stairs.

   I look downstairs to see if anyone was there but luckily everyone was gone. I made it towards my locker and take my bag. Making it to home was tough. After reaching home I quickly make it to my room to avoid letting maid Malley see me. She would stress out if she saw all these bruises and wounds. After getting in my room I took a fresh warm water bath then apply some ice pack on my bruises and bandages on my wounds.

   All this shit was now becoming a regular thing. Why mom and dad needs to change city. It sucks being alone and bullied. It sucks when no one is there for you and you are left alone!

   I didn't had dinner and sleep while thinking about all the shit happening to me. Next day I wake up exhausted. My head was aching. I hold it tight and move towards the washroom to wash my face.

                                  〰️

   I was sitting in the class at the corner near the window silently whereas all the children were shouting and screaming. At the other end a group of girls were laughing so hard that they were making the class shake. The other girls were clinging onto Steve and his group. They all laugh at what Jake was drawing on the board. It was a funny picture of Mr. Jacos, our homeroom teacher.

   They all were enjoying that Mr. Jacos was not here. He had some urgent work so he left. I felt something near the window. Someone was calling my name in light shrill voice. I look there and found nothing but I was still feeling that something was looking at me. I was lost in thoughts of that strange feeling and the shrill voice I heard. I come back to senses when I felt a paper thrown at my head and I turn to see Steve and his friends laughing. I lower my head and sank it in between my arms.

   Few second later they all stopped laughing and the class becomes silent. Just then I heard someone growl, a familiar one. I took a glance from between my arms and saw Liam on top of Jack hitting him hard on his face. I jump from my desk and run towards the crowd. Jack face was swollen and blood was coming from his nose but Liam didn't stop. I get hold of his shoulders but my strength was no match compared to him he easily throws me on the ground and turns towards Jack but before that he got a punch on his face. Liam didn't bother the punch and get hold of Jack's collar and was about to land another punch on his face when he heard Mr. Jacos scream from behind. "What are you all doing!"

Liam let go of Jake and glare at me then lowered his head in front Mr. Jacos. Even though he was not looking at me but I can feel anger radiating from him and somehow it was related to me.

   "GET OUT OF MY CLASS NOW," Mr. Jacos shouted and pointed his finger towards the door. Liam starts to make it out of the class. No one dares to speak a word afterwards.

   I get back to my seat and saw Jake going towards his seat smirking. He stops in front of Emily's desk. "Look at him, he's so violent. Leave him. Wanna hang out with me," Jake said. I want to beat his as-. But you can't, see the reality. Emily completely ignores him.

   "JACK! You can also get out of the class if you want," Mr. Jacos said and Jake goes back to his desk. He was still carrying a scowl because of Emily's rejection. I covered my mouth with my hands to hide the smile I was having. While giggling my eyes landed on Emily who was looking at the door, probably because of Liam.

   The class ended but my mind was somewhere else the whole time. I was still holding the note in my hands.
  'Street 12 A opposite to downtown'

When I reached school Jack came towards me. He hit me on my face and I landed on ground. He laughed and throws a piece of paper near me. "Here's the address. Today evening 5 pm. Get what we asked you to bring," he said and left. I pick the paper and put it in my pocket.

   The bell rang and everyone make it out of the class. I also get up from my desk and pick my bag. I run towards the door but Liam was already gone. My eyes search for the tall muscular figure in the crowd. After searching for a while I found Liam near his locker. I walk towards him and put my hands on his shoulder. He give a glance towards me but didn't say anything. "Dude why were you beating the shit out of that asshole," I asked Liam.

   He didn't say a word and closed his locker and glare at me with his pissed eyes. "Should I stay quiet when the they beat the shit out of you! You didn't told me. This pissed me off," he said.

   "Wh-what are you talking about," I asked expecting the reply.

"Still trying to hide it from me. Where were you yesterday?" He stare directly in my eyes.

   I stayed quiet. I have nothing to say. I don't want Liam to get into this shit. He was my closest friend till now who support me but still I don't want him to defend me everytime. He's already doing a lot.

He clenched his jaws and roll his eyes, "You let them bully you like this and don't even tell me. WHAT THE FUC-"

"Don't shout on him," I heard a familiar sweet voice. I opened my eyes which were closed when Liam was shouting on me. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn and saw Emily standing beside me. She was glaring at Liam. "He hasn't done anything!" She said.

   "It has nothing to do with you!" Liam said with a stern face and roll his eyes. He left and disappear in the crowd.

   "It's fin-" I was interrupted when I saw Emily who was looking at the floor. Her eyes were covered by her brown hairs but I can feel the hurt in her face. She let go of my shoulder and grip her bag strap.

   I put a hand on her shoulder and said "Don't take it personally. You know how he is, when he is pissed off." She smiled at me and nodded.

"Let's go to the canteen," she said and started moving towards the canteen.

   "Why don't you confess him. You both are a perfect match for each other," I asked Emily.

"What made you think that," she said and made a pout. I don't know if she was trying to her blush or showing her regular expression.

   "No I just thought. You are beautiful with brown short hairs and you have a mole just under your eyes which make you look more cute. Also others are into you," I said bluntly.

"Shut up already! It's nothing like that. I'm not ready to get into a relationship yet," she shouts and started walking faster.

   "Looks like Liam is already gone," I said when we didn't find him in the canteen. Emily nodded. After that I purchased a sandwich and Emily had a milkshake then we made it out of the school.

I was going home when my legs stop.
   What should I do now. Should I go to Street 12A?
Sweat drops from my head and I gulped the saliva in my throat.
   Should I?