Countdown 0: So Many Kites in the Sky

Can a moon quit running in circles or a kite take off on its own? Maybe. Maybe not. Somehow, those two answers seem like they're the same. Like one is as true as the other. So, this is what I really think. There may come a time in your life when you want to know why something happened. Why did someone leave? Why did they love me? Why did they die when (just as easily) they could have lived? We can't know any of this. Not really. So the most important thing to understand about asking why is that the first time someone wants to know the answer, it won't be the last. That's true even if they've thought about it once or a hundred times or nine hundred and two times.

In the end, we can tell ourselves that the moon might break away from the Earth and a kite might teach itself to fly off to places it has never been before. It's possible, you know. So many things are possible. But not everything.

So ask yourself, what would you have changed in your life if you could change anything at all? For me, it's simple. I wish I had been born with wings. If I had wings, I would have flown above everything and gone to every place. It makes sense, you know. I'm a crow, after all. But that was never to be a part of my story. My story started one day and ended another. Someone flipped a coin and my life unfolded from there. It's like when you love someone and let them go. When that happens, you are a moon to a wandering planet or a kite chasing another uncatchable kite. And there are only so many kites in the sky. So many kites.

It's a fact. An absolute fact.

 An absolute fact