drunk confessions

Milo had never liked alcohol. In fact, it had always scared him, but his best friend, Jack, had always liked going out and partying, and tonight was no exception. Jack had begged Milo to join him at the local bar, and so Milo had reluctantly agreed.

Being at the bar felt strange to Milo. Everyone around him seemed to revel in the presence of alcohol and moved to the beat of the loud music. Jack had immediately run off with his friends to the dance floor, leaving Milo on his own.

Milo found an empty seat and decided to rest there until Jack returned. He tried to distract himself by looking around, but when he heard someone slurring their words, he couldn't look away.

It was a girl, about his age, a few seats away from him. She was swaying slightly in her seat and giggling to herself. Milo watched as she picked up a pen and journal and started to write. He watched with fascination and curiosity, until he suddenly realized what she wrote: Drunk confessions.

Milo found himself leaning in to read the page. Stories of heartbreak and love, rejection and acceptance filled the paper, and he couldn't believe it. This girl, who he only saw as someone who was intoxicated and out of control, was capable of pouring her soul into words.

He was so captivated that he hadn't noticed when Jack returned. Jack asked Milo what he was staring at and, without hesitation, Milo told him about the girl and her drunken confessions. The two watched her for what seemed like hours, until finally, the girl put down the pen and stumbled out the door.

That night, Milo had learned a lot about the girl who had been writing drunk confessions, and about himself. He had witnessed a level of passion and courage that he hadn't known existed, and he had come to realize how fear of the unknown had been holding him back.

Though he would never meet the girl again, he felt like he knew her well, and he vowed to never again be held back by fear and hesitation.